Problems connecting to Windows 7 box share

Hi all

My Raspberry is partially configured. I can get to the web interface and SSH.

When I attempt to mount a share on a Windows 7 box from the NAS page, I get the following error:

“Last mount error
mount error(115): Operation now in progress Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)”

The share is is called “Music”, I have it shared to ‘everyone’, and I am providing the Windows administrator username/password.

In the long run, I am going to get a dedicated NAS. The Windows box is temporary, and experimental.

The DAC I am currently using is a Gustard DAC-20, a Chinese made, dual Sabre DAC, that seems to outperform what one would expect from it’s somewhat modest price. But I have not connected it to the Raspberry yet, I want to solve the above problem before I toss another variable into the mix.

Thank you in advance for the assistance!

Dave

Mount command please…

Sorry about the delay.

The mount command I am using I found on this forum:

[b]mkdir /mnt/NAS
mkdir /mnt/NAS/SERVER
chmod -R 7777 /mnt/NAS/SERVER

(Where SERVER, in both cases is the name you’re going to give your mount - can be anything at this stage. SERVER is fine )

Then go back to the Volumio web interface, add the share, making sure you’re giving it the right IP, Windows credentials, and giving the source name as whatever you put in for SERVER above. Remote dir should be whatever your music folder is shared as on the network.[/b]

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

I can’t see the mount command :slight_smile: