Problem with remote IR

I have the JustBoom Ir Remote and the PDP gaming remote control today Amazon.com

I tried the JustBoom remote first by selecting the remote profile in Volumio. It works since i have the IR sensor going good now. Some buttons works but the other buttons won’t work, so, what’s the deal.

Looking at the lirc on installing them since plane A don’t work by installing the plugin and most of the remote buttons don’t work.
On here
edit ir
where you edit these, how do you edit it for Volumio 3

I think you’re getting close to the point that people won’t support you anymore, again a new topic with the same. At least I won’t.
Take care.

I been working on it with Putty. I only had got down to this far
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install lirc
sudo nano /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

[quote=“Wheaten, post:2, topic:57248, full:true”]
I think you’re getting close to the point that people won’t support you anymore, again a new topic with the same. At least I won’t.
Take care.

I, probably like most people here, try to keep in touch with all of the topics on the forum. In the ‘old days’ it could be a mine of information, often with useful snippets appearing in topics that, although I was not interested in them, if I hadn’t looked, I would have missed out.

So I still read each new posting (and for someone who has no interest in Tidal or Spotify that’s a lot of reading nowadays!) but I must confess that of late I’ve been wondering if this/these I.R. topics are simply a wind-up, to see how far people will go before giving up.

When they first appeared I was tempted to help, but as there were plenty of replies I left them to it. Now I no longer read them, simply open them, navigate to the latest entry and exit.

I think you should be congratulated on your efforts to help - you lasted far longer than I would have!

1 Like

Now i get u. I don’t create a New Topic about the same question.

When login into volumio through the terminal window, I do use his site How I installed lirc with IR receiver and remote to Volumio but when getting down to this line, (sudo nano /etc/lirc/hardware.conf, i hit enter and then ask me to login to volumio and after that is when i get stuck.