Problem with Native DSD

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue with my dac smsl m8a.

if i set Native DSD → the DSD64 flows are automatically converted to PCM 352 kHz.

if i set Native DSD → the DSD128 flows are automatically converted to PCM 705.6 kHz, but no sound.

if I set DoP DSD → DSD64 and DSD128 work correctly.

Volumio last version installed on laptop. Dac recognize dsd only when active dsd on pcm(DoP) on option.

Have a fix for this issue?

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I am running Roon core on my x86 PC (Win 10) with Pro-ject audio stream box s2 ultra as roon ready end point and Marantz SA KI Ruby as dac.
After updating to Roon 1.8 straight away native DSD scenarion stops working, only DoP settings within stream box s2, and i found out changes with sound quality are dramaticaly changed to the worse part with DoP.
After updating stream box s2 ultra to 1.071 nither native DSD, nor DoP works correctly so every scenario by ROON shows converting to PCM 352 kHz.
Please return support of native DSD scenario with my DAC.

The proJect Stream Box is not covered by the volumio community forum.
This is a question for the OEM part of Volumio, which we can’t answer.
Contact them at info(at)volumio.org or better Contact Us | Volumio, which ever is working for you.
I did not mention proJect support, that would actually be the first point of contact, but has not always worked best.

1 Like

thanks a lot, i write with their support form.

Warm regards,
Leonid

good, and if it does not work, take the Volumio link from above.

1 Like

hi madaolio
I have the same problem, has the topic been resolved?
thx

Hi,
In the meantime I have switched to Roon; but even if it works and the sound is good. Still is DoP, no native DSD. In Roon settings I’ve tried to set up the Denafrips DAC (Ares II); but Denafrips is not in the list of the brands recognized by Roon. So no real progress.
I think Denafrips should approach the SW developers such as Roon, Volumio, Roopie to have the products recognized. I regret I can’t help more.
Ciao
Massimo

Sorry to disagree, Denafrips should not contact audio software developers, that is of no use. Instead they should get their hardware properly registered (by a dsd quirk in the usb audio driver) in the current and LTS kernels.

Sure you are right. I have no idea how it works; but there must be a way to solve it and IMO Denafrips is the one who has to take the proper steps whatever they are.
Ciao
Massimo