Problem with 24/96 Flac files over ethernet/Samba Share

Hi all,

my set up is : Indeed hifi TA2021S + USB sabre 2 Dac with external power supply PSM3 + Raspberry pi using latest volumio.

16/44.1 flac playback is perfect however doing some tests in order to see the limits of my system i am experiencing problems with 24/96 Flacs. Mixer setting is disabled and i use a Samba Share from a Linuxmint box. The network is 100Mbps.

I did some tests and below are my results (i also used Runeaudio in order to examine if it’s a software or hardware issue):

The sample flacs were downloaded from the link below:

2l.no/hires/ (third column)

1. Volumio without DAC, directly from Raspberry Pi, over ethernet with default settings (buffer 2048 and 20% buffer before play) -->OK
2. Volumio + DAC, over ethernet, with default settings --> Noisy sound about every 10sec
3. Volumio + DAC, over ethernet, with buffer 8192 and 30% buffer before play --> the same noise
4. Volumio + DAC, over USB disk, with default settings --> ΟΚ
5. Runeaudio + DAC, over ethernet, with default settings (buffer 512 and buffer before play 0) --> the same noise
6. Runeaudio + DAC, over ethernet, with buffer 2048 and buffer before play 20%) --> OK

As it seems from the tests above, it’s not a hardware issue and Volumio has a problem only when using the samba share.

Please feel free to suggest me any additional test in order to do my best to help solve this small issue.

Regards,

Michael

Hi!
I don’t kwon why but i’m experiencing troubles also with 24/96 flac files, but via wifi :frowning:
The sound is interrumped constantly however, 16/44.1 files sound perfect.
I’m using the spdif/optical out of my cubietruck.

Solved!
It seems its a cubietruck spdif-out limitation, cause 24/96 files are working perfectly now via USB.