Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra: Constant Connection Issues

Hi there,
i use a pro-ject stream box s2 for 2 years now and i’m having constant issues with the accessability of the stream box. Every once in a while my ipad or iphone does not connect to the streamer, telling me: “no device found”. This happens repeatedly and is quite annoying.

Is there anything i can do? I guess it could be something with my wifi-network. Any specific settings in the wifi router i could adjust?

Would be very thankful for advices and hints!

Best, Tobi

Hello @zero84, I’m not using a Pro-ject box, just a pi with a dac hat. Here are three things I do to ensure a very robust network connection:

Separate your router’s 2.4 and 5 ghz wifi networks with different SSD names, for example home-2.4 and home-5. Then point your streamer to the one it supports.

Restart your streamer periodically, I have mine auto rebooting in the night.

Reserve the ip address for your streamer in your router’s DHCP settings and (optionally, I prefer this but others don’t) select automatic IP address in Volumio’s network settings.

Good luck.

Thanx a lot. I’m trying to split the wifi networks right now. Looks good so far.

Has anyone successfully connected their S2 Ultra to a 802.11n 5GHz WiFi ?
Mine is running the latest SW, but does not see my 5G network, only the 2.4G. I really would like to get the additional bandwidth the 5G provides. Hard time getting a response from Pro-ject on this. Specification states 802.11n compliant, and that means either band should connect in my understanding.

Just got a reply from Sumiko:
The Stream Bos S2 Ultra is designed for 2.4g, although we strongly recommend hard wiring it.
We do not anticipate any future firmware updates which would change that.