Prevent my HDMI monitor from sleeping while playing audio

Volumio plays music just fine via HDMI until after 10 minutes the display blanks. I would like help in exact edit of the uEnv.txt so that I can disable this sleep. Volumio std. uEnv.txt is reproduced below

optargs=fixrtc
loadfdt=ext4load mmc ${mmcdev}:2 ${fdtaddr} /boot/dtbs/${fdtfile}
loaduimage=mw.l 4804c134 fe1fffff; if ext4load mmc 0:2 ${loadaddr} /boot/zImage; then mw.l 4804c194 01200000; echo Booting from external microSD…; setenv mmcdev 0; else setenv mmcdev 1; if test $mmc0 = 1; then setenv mmcroot /dev/mmcblk1p2 rw; fi; ext4load mmc 1:2 ${loadaddr} /boot/zImage && mw.l 4804c194 00c00000; echo Booting from internal eMMC…; fi
mmcboot=run mmcargs; bootz ${loadaddr} - ${fdtaddr}
uenvcmd=i2c mw 0x24 1 0x3e; run findfdt; if test $board_name = A335BNLT; then setenv mmcdev 1; mmc dev ${mmcdev}; if mmc rescan; then setenv mmc1 1; else setenv mmc1 0; fi; fi; setenv mmcdev 0; mmc dev ${mmcdev}; if mmc rescan; then setenv mmc0 1; else setenv mmc0 0; fi; run loaduimage && run loadfdt && run mmcboot

Which device are you using? Pi, UDOO, Cubox…

Sorry, should have mentioned this earlier - I am using Beaglebone Black

Meanwhile… good news today.

Appending exactly the following in a new line in the uEnv.txt I reproduced above does the job
optargs=“consoleblank=0”

Given that Volumio emphasis is on Audio and on BBB the out-of-the-box audio is via HDMI - suggest that this be included in the default as you upgrade to Beta1.1 or Beta2 in BBB version.

Hi,

How do I edit this file. I have just started with an udoo and am having a similar problem (I think).

thanks,

Hi, can you share how you wired the HDMI audio to your I2S DAC interface?

Hi,

Not sure if this one is to me. I am taking an HDMI cable straight from the udoo and into an hdmi input on an AV receiver.

thanks,