Pops and crackle Problem Volumio with Cambridge DACMagic 100

Hello Everyone,

My dad bought a few weeks ago a Dac from Cambridge audio (dacmagic 100) which is an amazing dac, it’s sounds really incredible.

My dad wanted to play Flac hi-res files easily so i started searching the internet. My idea was to use the raspberry Pi for the job and then I found Volumio(2). I flashed it on the Rpi and It works really fantastic. We really love to use it.
But… after testing a lot of flac files we noticed that when we play hi-res 96khz/24bit DXD files (files from about 300/700mb each) that sometimes weird pops and crackles are hearable.

I did some research on the internet and after a lot of searching I finally found the solution which is the following. When I put dwc_otg.fiq_split_enable=0 (found it on this topic https://volumio.org/forum/fixes-for-common-usb-dac-problems-with-rpi-t328.html ) into the cmdline.txt file on the boot volume of volumio the crackles and pops are gone. And it looks like that the sound is a little bit better (don’t know that for sure).

My question is what does this code do and why isn’t it standard in the file? Because when I update Volumio the sentence/code is gone and I need to write it back in the file to solve the cracking problem. I hope someone can give me some information about this problem and make this bugfix permanently.

Thanks in advance! :smiley: