[PLUGIN] YouTube2

Hi all and happy new year. :slight_smile:

I saw this new plugin yesterday night, so I tried to install following the GitHub link and creating the youtube API google user as described on the guide here : volumio-youtube2/gapi_setup.md at master · patrickkfkan/volumio-youtube2 · GitHub

But I have two problems.

1. In scraping mode, research find anything good. Seems not to be the same research as on youtube, and I can’t fin d anything good. Only youtube channel and no titles. Weird

2. In google API mode -> Go to verification URL, I enter the code, but in the end I have an error message :slight_smile:

Erreur d’autorisation
Erreur 403 : access_denied
The developer hasn’t given you access to this app. It’s currently being tested and it hasn’t been verified by Google. If you think you should have access, contact the developer (xxx.xxx@gmail.com).
En savoir plus
DĂ©tails de la requĂȘte
response_type=none
client_id=26xxxxxxxxxxcontent.com
access_type=offline
scope=https://www.googleapis.com/auth/youtube.readonly

I tried to do it again on a new project on google interface, changing API key, client_id, and secret code, but still the same issue

Any idea of what I could do wrong ?
It seemed easy to do

Thanks a lot for your time and take care.

Hi @tekalekatan,

1. What did you search for? At least provide some examples of search terms that didn’t return any good results

2. Are you sure you setup the API credentials correctly? Like setting ‘scope’ to ‘readonly’?

-Patrick

Hi @patrickkfkan,

1. Actually I didn’t scroll down enough
So, I just saw ‘Youtube Channel’ and ‘Youtube playlist’. The videos are in the third part and works nice. Is there a way to switch ‘Youtube videos’ on the top of page ? I tried in the plugin setup but nothing concluant

2. I don’t know, I followed the ‘tuto’ and it seems to be the same

Also, musics seem to stop around 3/4 of time.

Try to read the topic. The 3/4 problem have been discussed above.

1 Like

@tekalekatan,

It seems that Google has changed some parts of the ‘Configure Consent Screen’ process.

In Google Developers Console, could you select ‘OAuth Consent Screen’ in the left menu? You should see this:

Under ‘Test Users’, click the ‘+ Add Users’ button. Then enter the e-mail address which you will use to access your YouTube account.

See if you can successfully enter the Code afterwards (you will get a ‘App not verified’ warning - this is normal. Just click ‘Advanced’ and ‘Proceed to
’).

For 3/4 problem, you need to update your MPD as stated in the first post of this thread. Or use Volumio 3.x beta.

Please report back if possible.

-Patrick

@patrickkfkan : I’ve just added the test user, and it works nice, I have a : “Access granted - Volumio has read-only accessto your Youtube Account” under Volumio !! :slight_smile:

I will now update MPD as described.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Thanks for confirming! I’ve updated the API credentials setup guide on the Github repo in case others may find it useful.

Hi @patrickkfkan,
Everything work perfectly on volumio 3 beta with Youtube API (following your last procedure). Thank you very much for this awesome job !
Damien

Đ’ĐŸĐ°rd: Orange Pi Lite
Version of Volumio: 2.777
Works great!
Thanks!

This plugins is just great, many thanks again!

I just tested this new plugin and apart from that I can see that there has gone a lot of effort into it, it fails for me just like the precursor.

Client ID and Secret given, it states Access granted but fails to show anything. That is: Google Developer Console shows API access errors and within the UI its either No results or loads infinitely.

That is with the current Volumio version 2.861.

P.s. Scraping method works but that does not give me access to my private playlists.

What error message did you get?

I’ve now done the whole API process again creating a new project and noticed that at step 7.4 when adding my email as a test user, it states that my email would not be eligible but added it anyway.

Gosh, it works! I needed to disable / re-enable the plugin for the device dialog to pop up again. “Update” or switch to “Scraping” was not enough. It still stated “Access granted”.

What a charm! Thank you!

P.s. The whole system directly crashed :slightly_frowning_face: with an

> ssh volumio
                       ___                                      
                      /\_ \                        __           
         __  __    ___\//\ \    __  __    ___ ___ /\_\    ___   
        /\ \/\ \  / __`\\ \ \  /\ \/\ \ /' __` __`\/\ \  / __`\ 
        \ \ \_/ |/\ \L\ \\_\ \_\ \ \_\ \/\ \/\ \/\ \ \ \/\ \L\ \
         \ \___/ \ \____//\____\\ \____/\ \_\ \_\ \_\ \_\ \____/
          \/__/   \/___/ \/____/ \/___/  \/_/\/_/\/_/\/_/\/___/ 

Free Audiophile Linux Music Player - Version 2.0

C 2015 Michelangelo Guarise - Volumio Team - Volumio.org

Volumio Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
-bash: /etc/profile: Input/output error
-bash: /home/volumio/.bash_profile: Input/output error

but I can’t imagine that to be related to the plugin. It never ends 
 *sigh*

Try restarting Volumio and see if it still crashes:

$ systemctl restart volumio

Monitor the log and see if the crash is related to the plugin:

$ sudo journalctrl -f - u volumio

Oh wait
 did you mean you can’t even ssh into your device?

Could it be failing hardware (like memory / memory card
)?

Well 
 that’s mostly the case but for now, after hard off/on, it works again. At the moment, nothing particular severe jumps to my eyes.
Unfortunately, since Volumio is configured to save system logs in RAM only, I don’t have the logs from earlier but I’m a bit reluctant to enable that on a potentially dying sd-card 

I suggest you get a new sd-card before the current one dies completely :slight_smile:

Hi to all,
I have a nanoPc and volumioBuster x86 latest version 3.036, and when I try to install YouTube2 plugin, it hang on :slight_smile:
$ sudo volumio plugin install

"This command will install the plugin on your device

Compressing the plugin
Plugin succesfully compressed
Progress: 10
Downloading plugin at http://127.0.0.1:3000/plugin-serve/youtube2.zip"

@patrickkfkan @ikap60 3.036 x86 version doesn’t support plugin’s at the moment

to be more presice: 3.036 is not supported either, it was a pre-release meant to help some NUC users for a specific purpose.
We will announce the beta phase in the next few days, and start with updated versions for PI, Tinkerboard and x86 (x86-64 architecture, so 64-bit only).