[PLUGIN] YouTube2

you could do that with the api

@giorgosperi

I donā€™t understand what you mean by adding the history of YouTube. Could you provide an example of what you would like to see with the plugin?

@patrickkfkan
when you play something on YouTube keeps history what you played. it has a section for this. i dont know if it is possibleā€¦

So you play a video on youtube.com, and then when you go to Volumio you want to see the video there too? Is my understanding correct?

yeah youtube has already this. so i was thinking if somehow you can retrieve this from youtube.

as i said you could use the part out of the apiā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Possibly. Iā€™ll look into it. Stay tuned.

thanks for me its a bit useful. just as an improvementā€¦

Sorry to report this: Google no longer provides API access to Watch History.

Hereā€™s the issue tracker on this. Status is ā€œWonā€™t fixā€.

thatā€™s a shame :frowning: but you did what you couldā€¦

not sure whether itā€™s linked to the Youtube plugin / MPD update or not, but for me Volumio doesnā€™t show the last played songs under ā€œLast 100ā€ anymore!? Also if I play a song from Youtube and I like to add it to my favorites it does not show up there.
Iā€™m using the Youtube 2 plugin 0.1.0a-20201219 in Volumio 2.853 and as MPD mpd-0.21.16.arm-20191228-3v3jy.tar.gz

i was expecting that. as always google messing up everything

@Axel
Alex on 3.10 last 100 only shows local music, no Radio and no YT

the api is stopt working, i created a api using the tv function but after one day it is stopt working and saying that my [youtube2-auth] Access token not obtained. Will try again in 6s. i think that google donā€™t want me to use it like this. also on V3.10 it will work one / two days and than got that problem. when i try to reconfirm the code i get nothing back. DON"T think this is a bug. but just google being a pain in the assā€¦ *i think you need to have a so called G user account for google ?? any having the same problem

wil use scraping as that will TIL NOW alway works

greats have a happy christmus

if you have old credentials it still worksā€¦ just tested with mineā€¦
but still have to test the time of a few daysā€¦

old one you mean old api, i created it 4 weaks ago. i can not get it active again. only when i reinstall OS it wil work for i think 1 day and than it is stuck so to say.

Iā€™ll look into this.

• For Last 100, it may be because I have not added an ā€˜albumā€™ label to the YouTube track. Iā€™ll fix this by setting something for the label.
  • For favorites, if you click the heart button on the playback dashboard (the view with the two circles on the each side and album art in the middle), then I can verify that itā€™s not working. Clicking the heart button while browsing does work thoughā€¦ Need to see whatā€™s happening.

If you go to the plugin settings,did you get asked to grant access again (by going to the verification url and entering the code)? Currently, when you update the plugin, the old access token gets reset and you would have to regrant access.

Also when it stops working, does it start working again after 24 hours? It could be because you have used up your API quota?

the first time yes i got the verification, when i try it now i wonā€™t get a respons back, i just left it yesterday night and this morning it dossenā€™t work :stuck_out_tongue: so quata seems a little bit off.

you can do as i see Queries per dag 10.000 < 10.000 a day
yesterday i did only 624 so i still got planty to use.

i got it reconnected again, but if you need to do this every day than :roll_eyes:

Strangeā€¦ In plugin settings you should be able to see the status, e.g. ā€œAccess Grantedā€, or ā€œProcessing credentialsā€ or ā€œErrorā€.