[PLUGIN] YouTube2

On 3.010 (rpi), I had to create a symbolic link to /usr/bin/node before running volumio plugin install:

$ sudo ln -s /usr/bin/node /usr/local/bin/node
1 Like

that problem i also hade on the Volumio-3.014-2020-12-10-raspberry i tooth it was me so now installing 3.10

and will do your symbolic link

i have a ready made image with all included, and didn’t remind what i have done testing so mutch,
getting a bit nuts off it 
 yes @patrickkfkan has made it very nice :slight_smile:
donald do you have rpi4 / 4g ? it’s very smooth

looking NICE Running on Raspberry Pi Volumio-3.010-2020-08-21-pi

Raspberry Pi 4 8G Model B, now install the touchscreen plugin :). hope to finaly build this thing into the wall. just need a good souncard / amplifier need to sort that part out any ideas,

i use a dragonfly dac to my stereo with a y-splitter for my wireless FIIL headset

yess the 3.5 mini jack output is very bad in sound
(low quality sound out of a rpi alone )
but if it’s oke for you just use it like that

i don’t know if the audio output of the 3.5 inch is that bad compaird with a USB / Sound card output / Amplifier

first of all really great work :slight_smile: (WORKING AS IT IS )
maby at this for version higher than 2. XXXX on github :

sudo ln -s /usr/bin/node /usr/local/bin/node

is it posable to add you own play list sync like the older version could ?

If you mean accessing your YouTube playlist, then yes. Like the old plugin, you have to set API credentials.

1. In the plugin settings, change Method under Data Retrieval from ‘scraping’ to ‘Google YouTube API’.
  2. Enter the Client ID and Client Secret (as you would with the old plugin).
  3. Click Save.
  4. Wait a while for the Verification URL and Code to appear (in the section under Data Retrieval).
  5. Copy the Code to clipboard, then click ‘Go to Verification URL’ button.
  6. Paste code on the verification page.
  7. Then choose Google account and confirm to proceed when you are shown a safety warning.
  8. After getting success message on the verification page, go back to Volumio and wait a while for the “Access Granted” message to appear.

Now data will be retrieved through Google API instead of scraping, and you will be able to access your YouTube playlists and subscriptions. Click the Volumio Home button, then click YouTube to actually have the plugin reload with the new settings.

After setting Google YouTube API as the data retrieval method, you might want to disable or remove the Front Page Sections (those that display ‘NoCopyRight’ music items by default) to save quota units. You can do that in the plugin settings – for each section, deactivate the ‘Enabled’ switch and click Update, or click the Remove button to remove the section.

I will not do this on Github until 3.x is officially released. I believe the Volumio developers left out the symbolic link on purpose since, as they say, plugins are not enabled at the moment for the beta version.

1 Like

will try :slight_smile: many many thx

what for screen are you using donald ?

the officel 7 inch

Yes
 Touch Display 1.2.2 is released for the 7’ inch touchscreen by Team Volumio
touch_display.1.2.2.zip (843.4 KB)
you could get it from the store or here if you can’t get it from the store because your on a beta release.

hmmz oké, volumio need to hurry up with a offical releas of V3 if you ask me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

hahah thx for the link i didnt wan’t to ask haha

thanks @dvo for sharing. i m testing it now on the latest version of volumio
i have to update also npm right?

what version are you running the 2.xx then yess if you run 3. 10 not

i m running it on pi so 2.853. version 3 is released for pi?
i forgot what commands you need to update npm?

look in this posts you will find all your anwsers @giorgosperi

yeah found the link for v3 that is not officialy released yet. the npm i think i have to go back to the other thread

No need to update npm. When you do git clone ... the node modules will be fetched as well.

But if you are using Volumio 2.8xx, then I suggest you also update MPD.

Volumio 3.010 seems to work well with the plugin, so you can try that. I’m not sure if other things work though, like DLNA. @dvo will know more than me.

I’ll update the first post of this thread to include the symbolic link instruction so testers can try on 3.x if they want to.