[PLUGIN] YouTube2

@PixelMagic are you releasing the add on or do you like that partick include it in the yt plugin?

@dvo if it has any value for others sure I will share the code, it is not much but if it helps. I need to test it a few days and do some cleanup, then I will post it here.

nice all addon’s are welcome, take your time :slight_smile: hope to enjoy it but it seems,
that it would be a add on for more plugin’s or local files too… getting shuffled already :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello !

I installed your plugin on RPI3 - Version 2.873 and successful set my Google Youtube API Key.
My problem, i only see 12 of my subscriptions but i have more…
On browser i see an empty scroll bar on the right side
The same on both - list / grid - View.
I don’t update the mpd - ist here the problem ?

Thanks !

Can you give me the links to some of the channels that you subscribed to but did not appear in Volumio?

MPD is not the cause here.

For the empty scroll bar, could you attach a screenshot here?

I’ll look into this when I time.

@lizard_dude, would you be able to test this?

I upload a volumio screenhot with youtube list added and marked the gaps with red arrows.
On right side you can see the empty scrollbar.
The 2 first ‘invisible’ subscription links below:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy4SdT--xlI1znqlfs2GwNg
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG-PWAwwnL8F6S4j_XCBFQQ

hope its helpfull
Thanks !!

I noticed that !
The visible subscription’s has this symbol - and its editable:
visible-link

The ‘invisible’ abos shows so - and no popup menu on pressing bell - symbol:
invisible-link

It’s a child - protection reason? and silenced notifications ?

Oh yes! I would love to! I’m gonna try to install this on my Pi4 and Zero when I can, and will report back on how it goes.

@j.j.p , so I’ve been trying to reproduce this issue by subscribing to the channels that were missing in your Volumio.

They do show up properly, so I’m wondering what could be the problem. The ‘bell’ symbol is just a notification setting that should have nothing to do with this plugin.

What Region and Language did you specify in the YouTube2 plugin settings? If the channel is not available in the specified region, then it might not show up…

Hi Patrick,

first of all thx for doing all this! I really enjoy this plugin!

What I am wondering is the version numbering, respectively the date in the name. The latest version is named “0.1.1a-20200311”, but I think it should be “0.1.1a-20210311”, isn’t it?

Regards Axel

Hi Axel, thanks for pointing this out. Yes, indeed it should be 2021 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’ll correct this on the next update.

HI,

Just wanted to say that this plugin works damm well :smiley:
I just installed it on the latest version of Volumio (2.882)
Installed like a charm and worked from the first try

Keep up the good work and thanks for this great plugin :slight_smile:

Thanks and welcome to the community~

patrick is there a diffrent way to update a sparky with you mpd version?
get stuck on error 2 …
i have to update because of the 3/4 cutt off of the songs on the latest sparky version of volumio…

@dvo, what is error 2?

If neither the arm nor armv7 version works, then I doubt there’s anything that can be done about it. My understanding is that Volumio for Sparky uses a really old Linux kernel (3.10) that may not be compatible with the MPD version I provide.

i made the spark a pihole instead of a streamer because of it

i dont know if i ve done something wrong. once a while i m finding the google account not logged in on the verification url step. do you know why?

Sorry, I’ve been quite busy recently. Are you still having this problem?

yeah actually after i reboot the device sometimes i have to re do the verification…

Hey, I tried using this plugin on a Raspberry 3 B+ and 4, with Volumio 2.882 (with updated MPD) and Beta 3.015. I managed to install it and do find YouTube videos and playlists when using the search function, but whenever I try to play them (doesn’t matter which video/song) nothing happens.

Jun 24 12:24:56 beta volumio[738]: info: [youtube2-play] clearAddPlayTrack: youtube2/video@videoId=j1wgaFJ0750
Jun 24 12:24:57 beta volumio[738]: error: [youtube2-play] clearAddPlayTrack() error
Jun 24 12:24:57 beta volumio[738]: error: Status code: 404 {“statusCode”:404}

I’m using the headphone jack of the Pi, no DAC. Tried both scraping and API. Everything else (webradio, Tidal, Spotify, my local music library) works.

Any help would be appreciated. Let me know what other info/logs you need.