[PLUGIN] YouTube Music

OK, this is tricky, because PlaylistPanelVideoWrapper which is the cause of the error has never appeared in my case.

1. Are you signed in? If so, could you sign out and see if it makes a difference.
  2. Where are you playing the song from? Are you playing from Home → Playlist / Album, or from your library?
  3. Where are you located? Perhaps ytmusic is sending different content based on country…
  1. I am not logged in, do not have a Volumio account. I installed the plugin manually via Github.
  2. Yes, Home - Title I like
  3. I am from Austria, but the tracks can be played via Youtube Music (mobile phone, browser).

No, I mean are you signed into your ytmusic account?

That’s because the the browser and mobile phone clients know how to handle PlaylistPanelVideoWrapper (obviously, since they are from Google). The plugin does not anticipate this and I have never encountered it too.

I might have to write a short script and ask you to run it on your Volumio device and send me the result…

ok, I found out when I log out with my youtube account the music works. it looks like some songs can’t be played with my youtube music premium account.

I see… well, I don’t have a premium account but I’ll see what can be done here.

Thank you for your great work! :+1: Find the plugin otherwise fantastic!

Updated v0.1.5:

• Fix playback sometimes fails when signed in with YT Premium account

To update:

• Uninstall any previous version of YouTube Music plugin, followed by restarting Volumio (important).
  • Go to plugin store, click Details button under “YouTube Music”, then “Install v0.1.5 (beta)”.

@jhnmtrx , could you test this version (also remember to restart Volumio after updating)?

1 Like

I can confirm that it is now working fine. Thank you for your perfect work :+1:
Greetings from Austria!

Good to know! I think I’ll keep the Premium subscription I just joined. The sound improvement is actually quite audible. I didn’t think 160kbps and 256kbps AAC would be that different, but 256k is definitely clearer.

1 Like

I use a Hifi DAC Hat from Innomaker on the Raspberrypi 3 and I am very satisfied with the sound quality.

Hi!

Sorry for being ignorant, but I successfully installed Youtube Music plugin, I it started and is showing “Active”. I can click “Settings” and it displays settings - in the Account section I have “You are currently signed out. Wait a moment…” and that’s it.

But how do I use it ? There’s nothing new in Favorites, Playlists, Music Library, nowhere…

Where do I enter my account info?

How do I start using it?

Seems like Google has updated their sign-in algorithm (again). Wait while I investigate this.

Edit: I will provide a fix later in the day.

Updated v0.1.6:

• Fix issues with plugin failing to initialize due to error in extracting YT sig decipher algo.

To update:

• Uninstall any previous version of YouTube Music plugin, followed by restarting Volumio (important).
  • Go to plugin store, click Details button under “YouTube Music”, then “Install v0.1.6 (beta)”.

@afternine , pls try again.

1 Like

Now THAT was FAST!

Thanx a lot! Was able to merge volumio to my YTMusic account, and got the YouTube Music section right below under Web Radio.

Works beautifully!

Thanx a million times!

Hi,
I can’t find this under the plugins section. I see Youtube2 and Youtube Cast but not Youtube Music. Am I misunderstanding something? Thanks for the help.

You need to enable Plugins Test Mode in http://<volumio address>/dev

You should then see the YouTube Music plugin in the plugin store. Click the Details button under it and choose latest beta version to install.

1 Like

Please help me. This playlist show but cannot play!

1 Like

Strange…Do you get this for every playlist? How about albums or artists?

Edit: Wait…what version are you on?

Thanks for your support!
All playlists, album… won’t play
I remove plugin, reboot, re install plugin, run default (no login). I still get the same error
Youtube music ver 0.1.6

It is better if you could provide the full log

1 Like