[PLUGIN] YouTube for Volumio

Hello,

I am having this same issue since about the same time as skysurfer. Is there a fix?

Thanks,

Same here: some songs play, some other ā€œfailed to decodeā€: maybe the 403 error could be relate to some sort of ā€œmixed content errorā€? Would it be possible to try to access the url in http instead of https?

Same problem here. Gives decode error from past few weeks.
Screenshot_2019-06-15-13-39-29-654_org.mozilla.firefox.png

so here is version with newest ytdl-core 29.2
at first uninstall old version of youtube reboot and then install this one with SSH

wget https://github.com/majko96/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/music_service/youtube/youtube.zip mkdir ./youtube miniunzip youtube.zip -d ./youtube cd ./youtube volumio plugin install cd .. rm -Rf youtube*

Thank you sooo much!!! Itā€™s working again with using your instructions!! :smiley: :sunglasses: :smiley: :wink:

*Just found out tho (might be me?!) that I canā€™t search YouTube anymore to add songs, I tried to add the code from the settings to the google.com/devices but it said ā€˜invalid codeā€™

**Tried it on another device and this worked without problems! (google accepted the validation code)

Did this fix the issue of playback being cut off at 66% through the song?

I do not cease to be surprised as developers release buggy versions one after another. Isnā€™t it possible to check all these points?

Process froze on Status: Downloading plugin
2019-06-26_144712.png

!PROBLEM SOLVED!

Just reconnect via simple volumio user (no root)

still some songs ends in 3/4

Hi - thanks for all the posts from everyone. very nice display of information sharing and excellent advice that helps.

Can anyone verify if installation of the latest Opus mod in the previous post ā€œhttps://github.com/quatmo/volumio-youtube-modā€
does provide a working solution to the youtube 2/3 only playback issue?

I tried installing the Opus mod this evening following exactly the directions in the readme file from the github page.
The install was not clean when the npm update was done. (yes I used sudo command and answered A to copy over all modules)
There were 2 warning messages for missing repositories.
Volumio Plugin gui screens afterwards were conflicting. The installed plugin tab showed the software as installed (w/uninstall button)
but the search plugins tab youtube playback entry was opposite (w/install button)

I started to backout by clicking the the uninstall button and the software did not fully uninstall. both tabs now showed the uninstall button but no longer did anything.
the /data/plugins/music_service/youtube directory was no longer removable because it had newer directories added that apparently user
volumio did not have permissions to delete.

I shutdown at that point, pulled the sd card from my ras Pi and restored from a backup.

not, it is not working for meā€¦still the same problem, the stream ends in 3/4 of the video

ma_sk1and quatmo thank you for the repliesā€¦

quatmo my recovery backup that I returned to was already on a ytdl 0.29.2 base previously installed using the original posted instructions.
I had to reauthorize it with google after the recovery to get the yt search working again, which is ok, but 2/3 playback still happening on 0.29.2.
I will install the 0.29.3 version per your new instructions and post my results within the next couple of days. I appreciate all the help.

Quatmo,

Last Sunday I applied the update you suggested to upgrade to ytdl-core v0.29.3

before applying the update I.

rebooted
deactivated the youtube plugin
ran your single line, multiple commands example

wget github.com/quatmo/volumio-youtu ā€¦ l-core.zip && cd /data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/ytdl-core && sudo npm i install -g && reboot

The above ran cleanly. There were a couple messages saying a module was updated.

I then proceeded to activate the youtube plugin. This time behind the settings button contained no text box where the security key normally was. Instead it listed one line saying:
ā€œVolumio has access to your youtube account. We will only use it to display videos related to your accountā€

Afterwards my youtube searches worked fine and I could playback music. I have done so every day since and unfortunately the 2/3 only playback issue still exists. Results do not seem any better than running on plain v0.29.2

thanks for making the effort to help.

All, thank for the work on the youtube plugin, when it works it is really a great function

I also experience the cut off of songs. Some observations I hope may help:

1. The troubles started in June with not being able to play songs any longer
  2. Playing capability was restored by ma_sk1 on the 17th of June, still in use by me as it is not clear how/which versions/forks have progressed.
  3. The cut off only occurs on when on a wireless network, as was also noted by ma_sk1. With an ethernet cable connected the cutoff does not occur.
  4. the clock/timer that supports the song runs too fast when on wifi.

Hombibi

Hi,

First of all, thanks for a wonderful plugin!
After the SSH fix, it works great.

Iā€™m just wondering if there is an option to support youtube mix playlists, such that you would enter a song (like a seed), and let youtube mix continue automatically from song to song (similar to autoplay on youtube).

thanks!

This is what I see when I enter the plugin after seemingly having connected it successfully:

/var/log/volumio.log:

2019-08-11T10:58:43.800Z - error: Access Not Configured. YouTube Data API has not been used in project 119103001349 before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting console.developers.google.com/a ā€¦ 9103001349 then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a few minutes for the action to propagate to our systems and retry.
Error: Access Not Configured. YouTube Data API has not been used in project 119103001349 before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting console.developers.google.com/a ā€¦ 9103001349 then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a few minutes for the action to propagate to our systems and retry.
at Request._callback (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/google-auth-library/lib/transporters.js:85:15)
at Request.self.callback (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/request/request.js:185:22)
at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
at Request.emit (events.js:214:7)
at Request. (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/request/request.js:1161:10)
at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
at Request.emit (events.js:211:7)
at IncomingMessage. (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/request/request.js:1083:12)
at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:313:30)
at emitNone (events.js:111:20)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:208:7)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1064:12)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:138:11)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)

After following the above instructions I get:

2019-08-11T11:39:53.604Z - error: Daily Limit for Unauthenticated Use Exceeded. Continued use requires signup.
Error: Daily Limit for Unauthenticated Use Exceeded. Continued use requires signup.
at Request._callback (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/google-auth-library/lib/transporters.js:85:15)
at Request.self.callback (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/request/request.js:185:22)
at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
at Request.emit (events.js:214:7)
at Request. (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/request/request.js:1161:10)
at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
at Request.emit (events.js:211:7)
at IncomingMessage. (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/request/request.js:1083:12)
at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:313:30)
at emitNone (events.js:111:20)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:208:7)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1064:12)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:138:11)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)

Is the above a tested and proven fix for the 3/4 stop? *can anyone confirm? (maybe instructions on how to apply? e.g. do you have to disable the plugin priorā€¦?)

1. We have the cut off also on a wired networkā€¦ *did have a song play till the end todayā€¦was the last one in the queue

I do not know why but my browser crashed any time when I use a youtube plugin. It could be due to poor optimization. I have a choice the website which provides youtube to mp3 converter The convenient and easy interface with many available formats and never with load your internet speed. Advice to everyone who also has some issues with a browser to use better the site and do not instal a plugin.

Hi.

anyone fixed/tested 2/3 cut issue?

Thank you and best regards.