[PLUGIN] YouTube for Volumio

[sudo] password for volumio:???

correct me if i am rong, if you use SUDO you are using ADMIN privalage to excuste command.
For volumio, it is ā€œvolumioā€ < is the pasword

I reinstalled the whole system, the plugin (version 12/19), re-did API credentials, updated ytdl core and tadaaa: works. Sort of. I have the same button-issue as cmoulliard (doesnā€™t bug me too much) but now I get the 2/3 thing again (stops at 2/3 of the song)ā€¦ There was a solution for that I guess somewhere in spring? I go researching. May take another 14 daysā€¦

Edit: ok, took me an hour to find out: the mpd needs a tweak, too. For anybody running in the same issue: can be found in Dec 2019:

yes, it works but search is gone at the moment ā€¦

volumio has volumio as sudo password ā€¦

When I connect from my computer (using the IP adress) it works.
From my mobile (in the same WIFI) the searchbox provides results from both internet radio and youtube. So I simply need to scroll down a bit.
Unfortunately, it doesnā€™t add my played music automatically to the waiting list anymoreā€¦

Hey folks, long time everything works good for me :slight_smile: tested and provided a set up that was good enough since summer (older version of volumio 2.729, and the youtube plugin 0.1.0)
Since today, honestly, i havenĀ“t used the YT plugin for a while now, i run into the same problems as months agoā€¦ ā€œerror opening youtube stream, video is probably not validā€
I forced my system to put ytdl-core to version 3.2.0. Search and everything works fine but when i push the play button nothing happens even if i put the song into the playlist. But when i somehow doubleclick the play button in a very fast way several times, the song starts to playā€¦weirdā€¦ this works ok with a keyboard but not with my smartphone. anybody experienced the same behaviour?
many thanksā€¦

:ADD, it seams that i have to add the song to the playlist and then do the double click things :wink:

if youtube can give you the info it will all at once some times itā€™s better to go slow
but what do you have with the smartphone? explain it a bitā€¦
iā€™m always using add to queue this seems to work ok ā€¦ after that check if it is thereā€¦
and start in the queue ā€¦

what do you mean with slowly?
if i press the play button once after another (slowly), i stopped after 20 times pressing the button, nothing happens, so i only managed to start playing by double click with my mouse in a very fast way, but i canĀ“t do that with my smartphone so proper, this is annoyingā€¦
no i recognized somehow random behaviour, sometimes it works, sometimes notā€¦
do you face the same problems?

thanks a lot

:Add: add to queue is working all time but playing out of queue is probably working 1 time out of 10ā€¦ :frowning:

thatā€™s what i mean if you press 20 x it will add it 20x and that can give a lot of the same
i know that double click some times work ā€¦i went oway from the 2.7 -2.8 releases
itā€™s giving me a lot of stress and seems not running to smooth ā€¦
i got a beta 3.10 64bit beta release this is revoked on my system on my rpi4 / 4g
it runs good had to do a lot to get there but i know that itā€™s a pain in the ā€¦

on what are you running it all?

no, i just added the song one time to my queue and in the queue i have to press, double-click, several timesā€¦
iĀ“m running on 2.729, from where is the 3.10 beta? actual version is 2.853?
iĀ“m also running on a rpi4/4gā€¦ iĀ“m somehow confused, why a system is running stable several months, and suddenly ā€œeverythingā€ breaks down, even if i donĀ“t update the system anymoreā€¦

ash had a beta 64bit version but a lot of things are not done yet and volumio revoked it.
because of it ā€¦ i donā€™t know why your version is like that but ik know that a 64bit version
that i tweaked a bit runs better than the releases at the moment ā€¦
i made a with win32diskimager a back up and copied it to my second pi ā€¦
did you give it a reboot ? the buttons in 2.7-2.8 are not really working well
question if you add a yt playlist to the queue does it take a long time to add them in the queue or not?
it took by me 4 a 5 sec to add a song everytimeā€¦

yes i gave the system a rebootā€¦ adding everything and loading playlist to the queue goes quite fastā€¦ a song is there within a second or soā€¦
i actually saw that my package.json file shows, as i edited, ytdl-core version 3.2.0, but when i run npm ls ytdl-core it says me that version 3.4.2 is installedā€¦could this be a problem, how can i downgrade?

no thatā€™s oke i donā€™t know if you run this?
in this folder cd /data/plugins/music_service/youtube
npm --depth 9999 update < this is if yt doesnā€™t run any moreā€¦
but if it works the rest is the release of volumioā€¦i got less button trouble with the beta
but the buttons i see back in all releases at the momentā€¦
i think they just work on the latest release every time,
if a bug is in itā€¦ and not fixed this will go on in all next releasesā€¦

Hey,
yes i updated ytdl-core since i read several times that this may run ā€œout of dateā€ since YT performs searches but no replay is possible -> so YT does not work anymore, but did several months now.
so i`m of the opinion that this behaviour has nothing to do with the release of volumio -> i donĀ“t performe any updates at all and it workedā€¦

i re-connected my pi with google account so a new device code to google to link it with
and itā€™s running again ā€¦
if not use the npm --depth 9999 update ā€¦ you have to do that in this folder
cd /data/plugins/music_service/youtube
yes thatā€™s right i tested the 2.7-2.8 and they run it out of the box
if you update you know you changed some settings but volumio has things running
and google to that could effect the playerā€¦
there are processes running that change things in your system without you doing it ā€¦

gday.
thatā€™s clear, but will not answer the question why the system suddenly stopped to play songs searched by YT.
When YT search is working fine, the Access to the Google account is find too, so, i think, there must be a problem between the YouTube interface itself, probably Google changed something over time, and the YT Plugin within volumioā€¦ the only way to make changes there is to update ytdl-coreā€¦

i have that to why ? i have no anwser to that the plugin is not really stable itā€™s from 2017
the problem is that where on old software instead of new most of the things are working on newer node.js where stuck on v8 instead of v10 most of the thing go up
volumio is stuck on old scripts it had to be refreshed over time
i see it as driving fiat 500 motor in your Ferrari f40 it just doesnā€™t fit really goodā€¦

i think that these discussion never come to an end :slight_smile: but indeed, it was stable a few months ago, but now is notā€¦ i was wondering and asking These Questions ā€¦ a simple answer like : i have no idea and the same Problem would be enough in this case :wink:
but thanks a lot for ur workā€¦.

uhm ā€¦ nothing ā€¦