[PLUGIN] YouTube for Volumio

After few days, I did not use youtube plugin. Today, when I turn on my volumio, youtube plugin is error again. :frowning:
Waiting for someone fix this.

any new idee ore how to fix youtube on volumio ?

no dev here to get this issues fixed ?? :frowning:

fresh install of the latest version of volumio and plugin 1.0
seems to work again :wink:

wisch version of youtube did you use ? 1.0 from the officele one ore the other

greats :roll_eyes:

@dvo working like a charm :slight_smile: , hmzz only updating playlist is nog working perfectly(IS WORKING but REFRESH rate is 1 hour) ore just , disable en reable the plugin it is instand thare btw no need for google G user to get this working ATM. now i need to only fix the Bleutooth audio playback and than i am all done… still think bleuthoot should be fee but hel… how am i
(compleet with interface). only wan’ three thing *internet radio, Youtube, Bluetooth playback *

[sudo] password for volumio:???

correct me if i am rong, if you use SUDO you are using ADMIN privalage to excuste command.
For volumio, it is “volumio” < is the pasword

I reinstalled the whole system, the plugin (version 12/19), re-did API credentials, updated ytdl core and tadaaa: works. Sort of. I have the same button-issue as cmoulliard (doesn’t bug me too much) but now I get the 2/3 thing again (stops at 2/3 of the song)… There was a solution for that I guess somewhere in spring? I go researching. May take another 14 days…

Edit: ok, took me an hour to find out: the mpd needs a tweak, too. For anybody running in the same issue: can be found in Dec 2019:

yes, it works but search is gone at the moment …

volumio has volumio as sudo password …

When I connect from my computer (using the IP adress) it works.
From my mobile (in the same WIFI) the searchbox provides results from both internet radio and youtube. So I simply need to scroll down a bit.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t add my played music automatically to the waiting list anymore…

Hey folks, long time everything works good for me :slight_smile: tested and provided a set up that was good enough since summer (older version of volumio 2.729, and the youtube plugin 0.1.0)
Since today, honestly, i haven´t used the YT plugin for a while now, i run into the same problems as months ago… “error opening youtube stream, video is probably not valid”
I forced my system to put ytdl-core to version 3.2.0. Search and everything works fine but when i push the play button nothing happens even if i put the song into the playlist. But when i somehow doubleclick the play button in a very fast way several times, the song starts to play…weird… this works ok with a keyboard but not with my smartphone. anybody experienced the same behaviour?
many thanks…

:ADD, it seams that i have to add the song to the playlist and then do the double click things :wink:

if youtube can give you the info it will all at once some times it’s better to go slow
but what do you have with the smartphone? explain it a bit…
i’m always using add to queue this seems to work ok … after that check if it is there…
and start in the queue …

what do you mean with slowly?
if i press the play button once after another (slowly), i stopped after 20 times pressing the button, nothing happens, so i only managed to start playing by double click with my mouse in a very fast way, but i can´t do that with my smartphone so proper, this is annoying…
no i recognized somehow random behaviour, sometimes it works, sometimes not…
do you face the same problems?

thanks a lot

:Add: add to queue is working all time but playing out of queue is probably working 1 time out of 10… :frowning:

that’s what i mean if you press 20 x it will add it 20x and that can give a lot of the same
i know that double click some times work …i went oway from the 2.7 -2.8 releases
it’s giving me a lot of stress and seems not running to smooth …
i got a beta 3.10 64bit beta release this is revoked on my system on my rpi4 / 4g
it runs good had to do a lot to get there but i know that it’s a pain in the …

on what are you running it all?

no, i just added the song one time to my queue and in the queue i have to press, double-click, several times…
i´m running on 2.729, from where is the 3.10 beta? actual version is 2.853?
i´m also running on a rpi4/4g… i´m somehow confused, why a system is running stable several months, and suddenly “everything” breaks down, even if i don´t update the system anymore…

ash had a beta 64bit version but a lot of things are not done yet and volumio revoked it.
because of it … i don’t know why your version is like that but ik know that a 64bit version
that i tweaked a bit runs better than the releases at the moment …
i made a with win32diskimager a back up and copied it to my second pi …
did you give it a reboot ? the buttons in 2.7-2.8 are not really working well
question if you add a yt playlist to the queue does it take a long time to add them in the queue or not?
it took by me 4 a 5 sec to add a song everytime…

yes i gave the system a reboot… adding everything and loading playlist to the queue goes quite fast… a song is there within a second or so…
i actually saw that my package.json file shows, as i edited, ytdl-core version 3.2.0, but when i run npm ls ytdl-core it says me that version 3.4.2 is installed…could this be a problem, how can i downgrade?

no that’s oke i don’t know if you run this?
in this folder cd /data/plugins/music_service/youtube
npm --depth 9999 update < this is if yt doesn’t run any more…
but if it works the rest is the release of volumio…i got less button trouble with the beta
but the buttons i see back in all releases at the moment…
i think they just work on the latest release every time,
if a bug is in it… and not fixed this will go on in all next releases…

Hey,
yes i updated ytdl-core since i read several times that this may run “out of date” since YT performs searches but no replay is possible -> so YT does not work anymore, but did several months now.
so i`m of the opinion that this behaviour has nothing to do with the release of volumio -> i don´t performe any updates at all and it worked…