[PLUGIN] YouTube for Volumio

only disabling and reabling the plugin in enought to get it started again

so credentials fails can not be ?

@cmoulliard did you run the update after that ? and reboot?

1 Like

Reboot = yes
Update = What do you mean here ?

In fact, that works if I select the Play option which is available on the right part of the video/item selected
biut not if I click on the icon with the arrow in front of the item of the list

@patrickkfkan

update =

volumio@volumio:/data/plugins/music_service/youtube$ npm --depth 9999 update
after this rebootā€¦

I did what you requested - update but I still have the problem reported before as we can only listen if we select play from the menu at the end of the item of the video selected

@patrickkfkan

try clicking twice on the buttonā€¦

No luck even if I click several tlmes.

I see also some new errors:

Nov 08 20:45:09 volumio volumio[1204]: info: Exploding uri Q6zTXPN_PPo in service youtube
Nov 08 20:45:09 volumio volumio[1204]: info: Youtube::explodeUri https://youtube.com/oembed?format=json&url=Q6zTXPN_PPo
Nov 08 20:45:15 volumio volumio[1204]: Error: Error parsing info: Unable to retrieve video metadata
Nov 08 20:45:15 volumio volumio[1204]: at getWatchPage (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/ytdl-core/lib/info.js:75:13)
Nov 08 20:45:15 volumio volumio[1204]: at <anonymous>
Nov 08 20:45:15 volumio volumio[1204]: at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)
Nov 08 20:45:15 volumio volumio[1204]: Error opening Youtube stream, video is probably not valid.

or

Nov 08 20:45:16 volumio volumio[1204]: info: CoreStateMachine::pushState
Nov 08 20:45:16 volumio volumio[1204]: info: CoreCommandRouter::volumioPushState
Nov 08 20:45:16 volumio volumio[1204]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: volumiodiscovery , saveDeviceInfo
Nov 08 20:45:16 volumio volumio[1204]: info: CorePlayQueue::getTrack 0
Nov 08 20:45:16 volumio volumio[1204]: info: CONSUME SERVICE: Received update from a service different from the one supposed to be playing music. Skipping notification. Current mpd Received youtube
Nov 08 20:45:16 volumio volumio[1204]: error: ControllerMpd::pushError: TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined
Nov 08 20:45:16 volumio volumio[1204]: info: ------------------------------ 108ms

I think that I will stop to try to use it as the code of the forked plugin is not up to date, buggy, dont work properly

@patrickkfkan

i like some claficasions on things plz:

first i installed it by cmoulliard instructions see :

that is all not a problem but when i look in the UI i see this

i can only login with my google credantialsā€¦*if i login with my credantials i can use youtube, but as i sayed before i will brake done time to time (Error: Invalid Credentials) restarting just the PLUGIN is enought to get it running again.

so i need to have a so cald API ???
would be nice to get some claffication on that metter so i can try to get this running

greats

@DoNaLdDuck You must use the project forked by @patrickkfkan - see : https://github.com/ch007m/home-devices/blob/master/volumio.md#step-by-step-instructions-using-forked-plugin which supports to specify your own Google API/ClientID/SecretID and will not reports the credential issue.
I will document today with some screenshots what you should do in this case within my instructions page

Remark:

• You need also to have a Google Suite User to be able to create an internal application
  • Iā€™m thinking that the scenario we ty to use/sell is too complex as creating a G suite App ID/Client and SecretID is too complex even for some developers and could not be used by lambda users
1 Like

thx for the explanationā€¦ why should we use a api than and not the normal login of google ? the only problem i have that i need to disable an reable the plugin maby we can set a function / code for thatā€¦ excapble *when song is finish first disable plugin then reable plugin"ā€¦ hope we can find a selution to get youtube on VOLUMIO would be a nice extra futre ā€¦

greats

I updated the instructions for the users interested. Feel free to open github issues to report problems, improvements

1 Like

A suggestionā€¦ Why do not provide directly the plugin with correct npm dependencies? Have you a GitHub account? If no, we can do it. It would be easier for users.

I have a github account https://github.com/ch007m but as Iā€™m not the author of the project forked by @patrickkfkan, I would then prefer that first we discuss/decide what to do:

Q1: Volumio team should take a decision about which youtube plugin will be supported:

• Project forked by Patrick and using a Google API Key/Client ID/Secret ID
  • Volumio plugin which uses the Google Oauth Client and where the account of the user is authorized to access youtube content

Depending on the response of question Q1, then further discussions will take place to fix the corresponding plugin project around problems reported here:

• Credentials invalid,
  • Video is invalid,
  • Video selected is not played directly excepted if you click several times on the button within he UI or select Play from popup list of the item
  • Others: https://github.com/ch007m/home-devices/issues/1

There is no problem if you provide your own fork based on an other work.
IMHO I donā€™t think the plugin will supported in Volumio as this.

• Using a key is complicated for most of user. It is not click and play.
  • Using Google Oauth is restricted by Google because only the audio is played.
    Itā€™s because I suggest you to host a fork using a personal key.
  • As the philosophy of the project from Patrick is different from what volumio team did, then (as you) I suggest to have another forked or use a different name youtube-google-api to let the user to understand that this is a different way to integrate the volumio plugin with Google & Youtube.

• We could host under the new fork a Google Key/Client ID/Secret ID at the condition that volumio offers a G Suite Volumio user used as shared user. That will then avoid all the ugly part of the process o create manually Key, consent, ā€¦

• This project should be as much as we can sync upstream to be sure that the plugin is still compliant with latest versions of volumio

• That should be great that volumio supports to install non official or 3rd party plugins from the UI to avoid that users must ssh, wget, unzip, install a plugin, ā€¦ !!

1 Like

After few days, I did not use youtube plugin. Today, when I turn on my volumio, youtube plugin is error again. :frowning:
Waiting for someone fix this.

any new idee ore how to fix youtube on volumio ?

no dev here to get this issues fixed ?? :frowning:

fresh install of the latest version of volumio and plugin 1.0
seems to work again :wink:

wisch version of youtube did you use ? 1.0 from the officele one ore the other

greats :roll_eyes:

@dvo working like a charm :slight_smile: , hmzz only updating playlist is nog working perfectly(IS WORKING but REFRESH rate is 1 hour) ore just , disable en reable the plugin it is instand thare btw no need for google G user to get this working ATM. now i need to only fix the Bleutooth audio playback and than i am all doneā€¦ still think bleuthoot should be fee but helā€¦ how am i
(compleet with interface). only wanā€™ three thing *internet radio, Youtube, Bluetooth playback *