[PLUGIN] YouTube for Volumio

@giorgosperi
haha, thank u so much…
i haven´t give him a try so far. i will do that in the next few days… but when i have a combination running i will not change any more :smiley:

@domi
i did the same this is why i kept an image of v2.729.
i wish i knew if its working with a later version but not a big deal as long as it works.

i have tried all availiable versions of your plugin with latest volumio.img version but it all the time stuck at downloading plugin:
root@volumio:/home/volumio/Downloads/youtube# volumio plugin install

This command will install the plugin on your device

Compressing the plugin
Plugin succesfully compressed
Progress: 10

and nothing happens next … any suggestion?

1 Like

@screw
are you installing it in the right place?

You should not be connected as user root but as user volumio to install.

How to install the youtube plugin for volumio

First of all we need to activate SSH:

Go to:

Volumio.local/dev (Or whatever your ip is)

Click enable SSH

For Win Users:

Download Putty:
https://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/w64/putty-64bit-0.74-installer.msi
+Install Putty
+Host Name (Your Volumio IP/The number)
+for Username type : volumio
+for pw type: volumio

To get the Youtube Plugin installed type:

wget http://volumio.github.io/volumio-plugins/plugins/volumio/armhf/music_service/youtube/youtube.zip

Now we need to create a folder:
mkdir ./youtube

Now we are going to unzip the compressed file we just downloaded:
miniunzip youtube.zip -d ./youtube

Now change directory:
cd ./youtube

From here we cann install the plugin with the following command:
volumio plugin install

It will ask you if you want to activate it. Just exit putty and reopen it.
now we will get rid of the installer files and the folder:
rm- rf youtube

Now we need to update:

npm install ytdl-core@latest inside cd /data/plugins/music_service/youtube/

Almost done. We need to restart :

reboot volumio

Go back to volumio.local/dev and disable SSH

Done

This plugin don’t work.

I have installed this last night… then it worked… but this morning " error no results " showing again …

Running raspberry pi 3b latest volumio …

Do not forget to restart Volumio

if you are using you personal api check if you reached the limit

same here fresh install with leo’s how to …
worked once didn’t play sound … done a reinstall of the latest version of volumio and the youtube plugin 1.0.1 for the sparky …
now he’s trying to fetch with no result …

@dvo
are you using personalized api?

i m installing manually the youtube plugin.

nope it’s just the new login with google …connects oke but fetches nothing…
so not the 1.0 or 0.9 but the latest 1.0.1 that one doesn’t have personal api option…
installing like leo explanes works oke only the remove option doesn’t but i remove it
with winscp (youtube folder and the zip )

good afternoon
the plugin does not work for me, there are no search results
In the installation when updating, the following error appears:
volumio@terraza:~$ npm install ytdl-core@latest inside cd /data/plugins/music_se rvice/youtube/
npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/home/volumio/package.json’
npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/home/volumio/package.json’
npm WARN volumio No description
npm WARN volumio No repository field.
npm WARN volumio No README data
npm WARN volumio No license field.

• youtube@1.0.1
  • inside@1.0.0
  • ytdl-core@3.1.2
  • cd@0.3.3
    added 9 packages in 14.726s

You seem not follow this thread. If you use the lastest version of youtube plugin, you will get error about quota limit. That’s notified by volumio dev team. That’s why other guys include me is still using version 20191224.

i have tried both versions…
at the moment trying with latest volumio version and YT plugin 20191224.

it indeed tells me in the log i have reached quota… but i have no clue how this can be…

Log :

Jul 10 09:44:09 volumio-rasp2 volumio[1001]: error: Failed to execute browseSource: Error: The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota.

And these number are from google Dashboard :
[YouTube Data API v3] , Requests 52 , Errors 100% ,

with the latest version if i press it many times i get some info but to click 100 times to get in to
the next folder …and again for the rest in the end …i can pick a song but doesn’t play it …(doesn’t load it in player) when all info is already there.
but it’s not workable to do this …

on the older versions 0.9, 1.0 i get no code so could not test those…

@Osdieman, i had the same problems, these are caused due to the new version of volumio. i did a new installation with volumio 2.729 (thanks @giorgosperi for helping me with this problem) and YT 0.1.0 and everything works fine with my personal API. With newer versions the quato limits are reached within some search commands on YT, because if u select a song the whole search results are loaded into your playlist which strongly demands your quata. This problems don´t exist with older volumio versions (downloads are available here: Older volumio versions .img files) YT downloads u can within this forum on older posts… hope that this can help u out :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ Domi.
thank you… i am going to try this once more… and i hope i can get it to work again then…
i do think there is also a problem with my personal API…
i tried to create a new one… but things has been changed a little bit… i cannot choose " application Other " for example… Anyways i am going to try now and hope it will work again… :wink: