[PLUGIN] YouTube for Volumio

Why not make it so that the video does “display video” through the HDMI out of the RPI? This could transform volumio into more of an audiophile audio AND video player. It could also just be a feature of just the plugin so it works within their rules. Just because the video is output doesn’t mean that users have to connect a screen to use it. Would that fit within their guidelines?

Before installing plugin youtube-20191224, run npm install ytdl-core@latest in the same directory.
Everything get back to work fine now.

1 Like

the same directory? which directory you mean /home/volumio/volumio_youtube_install?

i did it like this and now played some files like a playlist of songs and a random song but not the rest. thats very weird unless if i did something wrong

i restarted it and it works fine. hopefully that stays like this.
thanks

Thanks @duong_nam

My procedure (i have already installed plugin):
Connect via ssh to volumio
go to folder “/data/plugin/music_service/youtube” (cd /data/plugins/music_service/youtube/)
run npm install ytdl-core@latest
reboot volumio

works fine!

Yes, that’s it. It is for updating the nodejs module. You could update before installing or after installing like what @Aster do.

yeah i tried both ways. the only thing that is not working fine is the search. when i search you see the results but when you try to play something it adds a whole list and plays a random song. is this happening also to you?

No, mine works fine. Only add what I choose.

weird maybe i ll try to delete everything and do it again.

i did a clean installation of volumio. installed youtube plugin and run after
npm install ytdl-core@latest inside cd /data/plugins/music_service/youtube/
but still the same when try to play something from the search adds everything and plays random song. any idea?

@giorgosperi
How did you configure the plugin?
are you using the default configuration or personalized api key?

@Aster
personalized api key. i didnt try the default to be honest.

I had the plugin installed as well (with personalised key).

I have now tried (while the plugin was still installed):

npm install ytdl-core@latest inside cd /data/plugins/music_service/youtube/
reboot volumio

And can confirm this now seems to work again!

Super thnx!

Not sure if this could be influencing what you experience;

I tried adding some more to the que, it seems if you for example search for a DNB-mix in the Youtube search in Volumio it also list a ‘Youtube-playlist’ as 1 entry in the search-results, so if you add something like that (you can’t distinguish those from a separate song) it will add a lot of entries to your que…

@TonyK

i have exactly the same issue…

hello, i´m, facing the same search problems.
I also recognized when searching youtube my quota is at is limit after maximum of 10 searches. I´m using private API and for free users it is limited to 10.000 whereas different factors are used for reading/writing/… .it really seams that if i search YT the plugin loads all titles in my playlist, however, after starting to play a song the Plugin is not that stable anymore…

Use plugin youtube-20191224 instead.

@duong_nam

this one i used
youtube-20191224.zip

i already use the plugin youtube-20191224 too…very weird that it is working for some users…

@domi
maybe they think that it is working fine?
whoevers working fine what version of volumio do you have? its very weird and you cant really use it like this.

Hello, I have problem with playing songs from youtube. When are songs in playlist from youtube, songs play bad, first song OK, second song is short, third song name of the song is no longer the same as what is in the next order. Thank you for answer

Is the music problem or just the name of songs? Sometimes, i see that the view of the current song’s name is wrong. But the music is still fine.