[PLUGIN] YouTube for Volumio

good afternoon
the plugin does not work for me, there are no search results
In the installation when updating, the following error appears:
volumio@terraza:~$ npm install ytdl-core@latest inside cd /data/plugins/music_se rvice/youtube/
npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/home/volumio/package.json’
npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/home/volumio/package.json’
npm WARN volumio No description
npm WARN volumio No repository field.
npm WARN volumio No README data
npm WARN volumio No license field.

• youtube@1.0.1
  • inside@1.0.0
  • ytdl-core@3.1.2
  • cd@0.3.3
    added 9 packages in 14.726s

You seem not follow this thread. If you use the lastest version of youtube plugin, you will get error about quota limit. That’s notified by volumio dev team. That’s why other guys include me is still using version 20191224.

i have tried both versions…
at the moment trying with latest volumio version and YT plugin 20191224.

it indeed tells me in the log i have reached quota… but i have no clue how this can be…

Log :

Jul 10 09:44:09 volumio-rasp2 volumio[1001]: error: Failed to execute browseSource: Error: The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota.

And these number are from google Dashboard :
[YouTube Data API v3] , Requests 52 , Errors 100% ,

with the latest version if i press it many times i get some info but to click 100 times to get in to
the next folder …and again for the rest in the end …i can pick a song but doesn’t play it …(doesn’t load it in player) when all info is already there.
but it’s not workable to do this …

on the older versions 0.9, 1.0 i get no code so could not test those…

@Osdieman, i had the same problems, these are caused due to the new version of volumio. i did a new installation with volumio 2.729 (thanks @giorgosperi for helping me with this problem) and YT 0.1.0 and everything works fine with my personal API. With newer versions the quato limits are reached within some search commands on YT, because if u select a song the whole search results are loaded into your playlist which strongly demands your quata. This problems don´t exist with older volumio versions (downloads are available here: Older volumio versions .img files) YT downloads u can within this forum on older posts… hope that this can help u out :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ Domi.
thank you… i am going to try this once more… and i hope i can get it to work again then…
i do think there is also a problem with my personal API…
i tried to create a new one… but things has been changed a little bit… i cannot choose " application Other " for example… Anyways i am going to try now and hope it will work again… :wink:

@Osdieman, give the old volumio and old YT version in combination a try before. With newer versions with either one of the System or plugin i had Problems with my personal api as well, with a lot of errors at yt requests… but now everything seems to be Fine as well…

nice older version but where are the sparky’s only 1 and that one will not support my dragonfly dac
so i have no options… if you know any sparky versions that i can download i could test…

volumio-2.348-2017-12-22-sparky.img.zip has a 404 page
could some one of volumio upload them ??

okay i managed to get this working again… running volumio version 2.729 and YT plugin 0.1.0

I had to create a new api but only had the option to create : Client ID for TV and Limited Input

My old personal API does not work for some reason… probably because it has application option " other " this option seems no longer to exist…

So to put this together…

Volumio version 2.729 , YT plugin version 0.1.0 ( date 20191224 ) as base.
Also run in terminal : cd /data/plugins/music_service/youtube/
Then run : npm install ytdl-core@latest inside
Then run : reboot volumio

Then i had to create a new Personal API where i had to choose : Client ID for TV and Limited Input
As the option " other " no longer exists.
After that i put these new created credentials in the plugin…
Allowed volumio to use youtube in my google account reboot device…
Now it works… Hope this can help others

Lets hope all that the DEV’s will find a good way to get this working normally for all users again…

Kind regards to all…

there are images only you really have to find them with a trick :smile: found the
http://updates.volumio.org/sparky/volumio/2.729/volumio-2.729-2020-03-18-sparky.img.zip
http://updates.volumio.org/sparky/volumio/2.777/volumio-2.777-2020-05-25-sparky.img.zip

i only don’t know how to create a personal api is there a how to some where?
all other things are in place … so same versions of yt 0.1.0 and the 2.729 sparky image…

This is what u need to do …

done that and got trending of youtube …but no sound and player doesn’t play…
if i switch to radio i got sound…strange…

got it working after : npm install ytdl-core@latest

uhm… day later it’s gone again …

I tried all the instructions including your tip yesterday and have the same result. I can search Youtube etc but no sound and the player doesn’t play my choice.

was trying to create a new v3 youtube api this didn’t go… i can login but that is it…
can’t create anything there at the momment… got stuck on the 3 dots …

@dvo
what do you mean the api didnt go? did you create the api etc as the steps?

@ppan
did you? npm install ytdl-core@latest

couldn’t create it again after removing the old (worked 4 a day ) ,
and yess it worked with the latest npm install … couldn’t create a new api for now…
the step of creating v3 youtube api got stuck on 3 loading dots …
the rest needs to have the api to go on…