Plugin Wish List

Hi all

I love volumio. I have 2 volumio’s in my house. Together with my 9 year old son I have also built a volumio clock out of Lego. He uses the clock for listening to music, but also to get up in the morning to go to school.
To make it a full clockradio I was wondering if there is any way to use the blank screen for displaying a clock? I was looking for the roadmap, but can’t find any. Is this a plugin option that can be considered?

Some love for the current podcast plugin, integrated in volumio directly(superstar version if you like), able to search podcasts like google podcast, saved podcast backed up in myvolumio

Also a plugin to get the volumio album of the week would be nice

Hello to all. greta thunberg suggests me to ask you for a plugin that turns off and on the volumio box :roll_eyes:.

[quote=“dvo, post:124, topic:4004”]
greta can shut her big mouth and go to bed … btw … off is no problem …on not posible without extra hardware… [/quote]

Greta thanks dvo but cannot use the suggested hw because a DAC is mounted on his raspberry.

ps .: greta doesn’t like someone telling him to shut his mouth (big mouth) and go to bed. sometimes to be great men, you have to be humble and kind

[quote=“dvo, post:126, topic:4004”] didn’t greta hear about the great expansion boards…

maybe this shuft into her mouth will keep her quiet…
greta will not pay all the things she wants, i don’t think greta will pick up the bill for it … but we all are …think twice … he is a she [/quote]

ohhh thanks for the info:

1. for expansion cards.
  2. for Greta’s sex: Greta is a girl, I didn’t know :scream: I can’t believe!

sorry dvo, what’s your problem?

I’m here to ask, you to answer, if you want of course.

1 Like

I suggest you to stop talking about other people and focus on the plugin. This is a plugin wish list here!
Clear?

1 Like

Hi.
I propose my question again. I ask if there is a plugin that can turn Volumio on / off at set times. I am sure it is possible to turn off, but I am unsure if it is possible to turn on. i don’t want any more hw on my raspberry.

thanks.

1 Like

Unfortunately there is no way to turn on a PI when it was turned off (via software).

1 Like

Hello. Sorry for doing my very first post on the wishlist… I was already glad to see an implementation of a crossfeed for headphones on the wishlist. Even greater would be an integration of hearing customization like www.mimi.io
Maybe as an import of a correction file generated in another OS?

The a software first MQA unfold on Tidal so that we get 24/192 into an external dac

Sometimes like that ? Bauer from my repo

@ Eastvansi: First MQA unfold (i.e. core decoder) delivers 88.2 or 96 kHz, not 192 kHz.
@ balbuze: Thats interesting, I will give it a try.
To be more precise concerning my wish: I mean an equalizing based on a personal hearing test to compensate hearing loss of certain frequencies and left/right imbalances

So , maybe https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/tree/master/plugins/audio_interface/volsimpleequal or https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/tree/master/plugins/audio_interface/brutefir3 could be used

no mqa on volumio balbuze, because of license…

I was just rummaging around my closet and found my old iPod Nano. I was just thinking would it be cool if I could just jack this into my RP Volumio setup and listen to some music. Probably wouldn’t work with the classic as this would probably draw too much power but a small Nano should work okay.

hi guys,

I would like to have the plugin to link my SOUNDCLOUD account to my VOLUMIO and listen to the artists I follow.
it would be nice, yeah :wink:

Peppymeter plugin.

1 Like

Bancamp! It amazes me that no one has mentioned it yet! Maybe the streaming music platform with the best policy towards artists, they have a very large catalog and many bands upload their records only there.
I know that I could download the albums (sometimes even in hi-res) I buy there, but sometimes it’s convenient to stream on the fly and it would be nice to do it with Volumio!

To link to your SoundCloud account, you would need to apply for a Client ID on their platform. Last time I checked, SoundCloud is no longer processing applications. That means there is no way at the moment for a plugin to access your SoundCloud account (and therefore the artists you follow).

Even if SoundCloud accepts applications, it is up to them to decide whether they will grant you a Client ID. Usually, a Client ID is associated with an “App” and you as an individual with no App will likely be rejected. An App that has a Client ID will be able to obtain data from your SoundCloud account after you grant access to it. This is however not without restrictions - the main one being a daily API quota limit. If there are a few hundred users actively using the App, then the quota will likely be exceeded soon and subsequent requests will fail. This is not unlike the old YouTube plugin that uses one API key for all users.

You can access your SoundCloud account with Mopidy (they got into the game early and were able to obtain a Client ID). I haven’t tested it so I don’t know how well it works though.

Having said that, it is possible to write a plugin that can access the public resources available on SoundCloud. Just wondering if it would be good enough for the majority of Volumio users… Those who would like to see one made, raise your hands :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:!

1 Like

:wave: thk