Plugin Wish List

Excellent thread! I got valuable information here. Thank you!

Hi Michelangelo and anybody, i hope you still read this thread, lets hope.

Iam fighting with last piece in my speaker puzzle. All is good now, i just need one thing if would be possible - some sort of bass (low frequency) effect plugin, like you have in other equalizer-capable software (VLC, Viper4Windows). There is usually a parametric equalizer which is possible to get in volumio as plugin as well where you can adjust low frequencies, but usually next to it, in most software equalizers, there is also a Bass effect option and you can turn that on or off, its doing something slightly different that parametric equalizer. In viper4windows its called ā€˜ā€˜ViPER XBassā€™ā€™ it has different name with each software. In volumio iam failing to find anything like that.
I tried to install volumio on X86 CPU (intel compute stick) and then install PulseEffects but got in confict with gstreamer in middle of installing dependencies. Can this be somehow added to volumio?
Alternatively, do you know who developed that parametric equalizer so i could discuss with him adding this to his widget?

Thank you

In the states Amazon just released lossless streaming at a great price point for Amazon Prime members with over 50 million titles!!! Is it possible to to get a plug in for Amazon Music HD?

Iā€™d like a simple left and right balance plugin, it would really help me alot :slight_smile:

Another vote for Amazon Music HD

1 Like

Not gonna happen, I bet Amazon wonā€™t release anything that could be added to other devices.

Theyā€™ll want to keep everything in-house [emoji3525]

When I used to use Kodi, I used the party mode to let it randomly select songs to play from my thumb drive. It was a great feature. Maybe a developer could get familiar with how it works in Kodi. Click a button and it displays 10 random songs to be played. If the button is pressed again a new random 10 songs are displayed. Volumio was a great find because of the added sound card support. You gain a lot and give up a little. My car and my truck has this built into the system. Sure would be nice to have it in Volumio.

Thanks,

Thehoosier

1 Like

Amazon Music would be great addition

Qobuz connect. Will be wonderful.

Google assistant plugin ! Control volumio With voice

Since many Volumio2 systems are on 24/7/365 it would be nice to have a simple pluggin to generate system uptime, network uptime and internet uptime for thevdatecrange given.

Please, Can you explain?

Sorry. ā€œfor the date range givenā€

Like a simple tuptime report. Uptime and time down would show reliability of electric power. Same up/down time reporting for LAN and internet access.

It would be nice to have a invert absolute phase switch for those recording that are released incorrectly

:man_shrugging:

AUDIALS One

An Audials one-plugin would be very great - or better implement an comparable hires record option yourself in Volumio directly to record audio files from streaming services and radio stations while streaming for personal backups. If itā€™s legal to Audials it should also be for you - and us users.
Something like that already intended?

I read about 20 pages but not all of them since 2017, so thereā€™s a chance that somebody else already requested the following:

To me it is very annoying that i canā€™t really separate audio books from music in search/listing/explore.
Theyā€™re all tagged as ā€œaudiobookā€ and located in a separate path on the nfs-server.
Since mpd canā€™t handle multiple source directories iā€™m not sure how to manage that.
So i removed all audiobooks from the path :-/
IMHO best would be the introduction of something like ā€œcatalogsā€, but that may be a bigger change and effort in programming.

Next is either an extension to ā€œgpio buttonsā€ or a similar new plugin.
Plugin name may be ā€œpreset buttonsā€ and should map certain gpios (for hardware buttons) to a direct play action of radio stations / web radio casts and/or playlists. Like the preset buttons on old hifi tuners.

Iā€™d just like a phone app that rates better than 3 I think 3 is generous. The Spotify plugin is the pits!

It would be great not to ask for possible new plugins, but to spend time and accept offered help for plugins that were promoted by Volumio. For example the Alexa plugin. This is advertised at Volumio Virtuoso, but it is still not available in Germany. Apparently there has been no progress for over a year, because all posts on this topic are older. Help with translation has been offered several times but is not progressing. What a shame. The German community is certainly not so bad that this is not an important issue.Should it be the case that this topic does not go any further, then you should pronounce it and possibly cross it off the list as a feature in Germany.
If there is a solution / plugin for Germany and I have overlooked something, I apologize and I am very happy to be instructed.

it would be nice to support like a protocol like chromecast i know probably it is impossible through that protocol also needs video and other google limitations but it would be nice since on many mobile device (android) can not cast directly to the volumio. ios you can use airplay but on android you need root otherwise only apps like bubbleupnp, so each time you have to share youtube or any other app to a casting app

2 Likes

Hi RADIO GARDEN - app for smartphone allowing to listem to more than 25.000 radio staions all around the world.