Plugin Wish List

Simple DJ type interface two mix, blend or overlap two songs, maybe with pitch, tempo.

It would be great if a plugin for Idagio were available. Although a Qobuz and Spotify user, Idagio serves up classical music like no other. Unfortunately, there seems to be no good way to get their CD quality stream going on Volumio.

Happy Friday!

Find duplicates and listen to them and choose which one to delete and to keep.

Also, an option to change the size of the cover album with just a slider somewhere. Some people like to keep it simple and barebones and not install too many plugins that do too much modifications. So, it ill just be a simple modification on the now playing screen.

Hey VOLUMIO play…

I’ve been following the Wishlist thread for a while where a plug-in was asked to make Alexa and Volumio work (unfortunately the plug-in is dead!!). I also asked :).
so… it would be nice if volumio could hear a voice request like Alexa, Google and Siri does.
obviously you need a microphone but I’m sure the hw market for RB will be able to offer something suitable.
VOLUMIO’s Christmas present for all users.

Hey VOLUMIO play… Santa Claus is coming to town by Wynton Marsalis :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :mrs_claus: :mrs_claus: :mrs_claus:

Party Mode
Admin sets a standard Spotify playlist as default
When switching to Party Mode the 3 next song in play queue ar shown
When one is played tehre is a vacancy that users can fill.
Searching and doubeclicking on a song adds it in last place in play queue.
If all 3 songs ar played another song is randomly picked from standard playlist and added to the 3 song play queue.
That means that noone can fill the queue with no more that 2 songs.
Admin sets a limit of minimum playtime before a song can be skipped son a usera cant just skip 2 queued song to get to his/hers

PeppySpectrum (GitHub - project-owner/PeppySpectrum ) would be great as a screensaver, similar to already implemented PeppyMeter :
Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster - #1784 by Rue

2 Likes

@peppy.player is the PeppySpectrum already included in the PeppyMeter?
see question of valdiq i thought it already was.

best regards,
dvo

1 Like

The PeppySpectrum was not included to the Volumio PeppyMeter plugin. It can be implemented either as a separate plugin or addition to the existing PeppyMeter plugin.

Here is the documentation: Home · project-owner/PeppySpectrum.doc Wiki · GitHub

Best regards

1 Like

It exists a separate plugin.
However, it seems to be relatively easy to be adopted as it works in quite similar way to PeppyMeter.
I keep my fingers crossed …

1 Like

A request for BBC Radio!
I listen to a lot of BBC Radio 6 but now I’m getting a “soon to be closed” message streamed across the live feed. Apparently the BBC are withdrawing support for Shoutcast but will continue to use HLS and DASH streaming as well as BBC Sounds. Is there a plugin for any of these alternate streams? I’m sure that this is a common UK request.

Here’s the link: Why am I hearing a message advising the stream I am listening to will stop working mid-2023? | BBC Sounds
Thanks

1 Like
1 Like

Dunno if many people here use listenbrainz (musicbrainz alternative to last.fm) but it would be cool if there could be a plugin to scrobble to listenbrainz.

An Internet Speed Test plugin would be very useful.

1 Like

Good afternoon, I would like to see in the next update the ability to delete unnecessary tracks in the volumio application.I have a rivo source.in order not to constantly connect the hard drive to the computer in order to delete tracks or files, please make it possible to delete tracks.thank you.

My wish list? There would be…

• a working flac+cuesheet management in which you can step, “wind” tracks, jump between them, so that you don’t go crazy…
  • to the beginning of a long folder, if I was already at the letter “M”, for example.
  • When I browse on the NAS, show more letters and characters from the folder names so that enough information can be seen.
  • Reduction of loading time - Always working track time information, with correct calculation even when skipping tracks.
  • Updated internet radio list, with several really working links.
  • Make it possible to sort the NAS folder order not only in ABC order, but ALSO according to the date of addition.
  • Normal description of the Metadata, with the indication of the real bit depth/frequency and format (do not have a 44.1 kHz .ape track written as mp3 48 kHz, because this is stupid and False
  • slightly better layer navigation in the application, more convenient handling.
  • More normal and frequent communication between the Android app and the player (problems with track status freezing and volume control responding and accepting).

That’s all I can think of, these are still basic errors.

Merry Christmas! :wink:

Next time you post, would you please differ between errors, feature requests and plugin wishlists, as they have nothing to do with each other.
There are well marked threads for each of them. We are trying to keep threads as clean as possible. When people start scattering issues all over the forum, it becomes a mess.
I understand you are frustrated about missing flac and cue-list support, but obviously it has no priority as few members seem to find this an issue. Please also respect that.

1 Like

hello everyone and happy new year 2024.

1. it would be nice to have a plug-in that allows you to listen to online radio like BBC (I also listen to BBC and especially BBC ONE (on Alexa, on PC, on iTunes in the car), on Volumio at home or wherever Volumio works.
  2. It would be nice to have a plugin to import iTunes playlists. I think I already wrote this, currently playlists have to be rearranged manually on the volume.
  3. it would be nice to have a plug-in to talk to Volumio like with Alexa, Siri and Goolge, to ask to play a song, an album, an entire artist.
    I ask you not to send me to hell… :slight_smile:
    Thank you

Naturally, I’m frustrated. I can’t believe he’s uninterested either. I read a lot of places on the net where the name Volumio came up. This is often brought up as a problem.
I’ve been looking for a solution for weeks too. Everywhere.
Anyway, it’s funny that it can’t even play a complex FLAC folder, and it freezes, but here they ask for things like voice command and Alexa control… (double turbo on Polski Fiat)

Hello Zoltán

@Zoli76 you’re completely offtopic here, this thread is about plugin wishes
Further posts here on your flac cue issue, frustrating as it may be, will be deleted without further warning.

1 Like

It sure would be nice to have a Spinitron plugin. One of my favorite radio streams comes through Spinitron: the Road Songs archive stream. This lets you stream a particular radio show, not just the live stream (which is available on Tunein).

I can play this from a browser, and send it to Volumio with Airplay, but I’d rather get it direct from Volumio.