[PLUGIN] Touch Display

Did you try deallocvt?

If that didn’t succeed run fgconsole before you start and after you started the script. Post the results please.

Also post the result of ls -al /tmp/.X11-unix after the script has started.

Deallocvt command does nothing

Blockquote
volumio@volumio:~/PeppyMeter$ fgconsole
volumio@volumio:~/PeppyMeter$ openvt -s – python3 peppymeter.py
volumio@volumio:~/PeppyMeter$

Thanks

Ok, what shows fgconsole after the script has killed? Don’t stop the plugin at this moment.

Blockquote
volumio@volumio:~/PeppyMeter$ ps -elf | grep peppymeter
4 S volumio 26852 1 3 80 0 - 31198 hrtime 22:58 tty3 00:00:07 python3 peppymeter.py
0 S volumio 28640 1888 0 80 0 - 647 pipe_w 23:01 pts/0 00:00:00 grep peppymeter
volumio@volumio:~/PeppyMeter$ kill -15 26852
volumio@volumio:~/PeppyMeter$

Now try chvt 2

volumio@volumio:~/PeppyMeter$ chvt 2
chvt: VT_ACTIVATE: Operation not permitted

Try with sudo.

:slight_smile: it worked , the Volumio UI appear instantly , amazing

:sunglasses:

So all the time fgconsole is 2 for Volumui UI ?
and after killing the script to send sudo chvt 2 ?

Probably, but I wouldn’t relay on that. Better get the current number of the VT before executing the script with fgconsole and save the result to switch back to this VT when you kill the script.

As long as you don’t kill peppymeter you should be able to switch back and force between Volumio UI and peppymeter using chvt with the corresponding VT numbers.

Thanks a lot gvolt . I know it that you will fix it because i have saw all yhe topics with displays .
I have learned a lot of new things about linux installing this script … never know that existed :d
Thanks again .

You’re welcome!

Strange but the Volumio does not switch back when doing sudo chvt 2 .IT appearing like running in terminal

Are you trying to switch from peppymeter to Volumio UI?

yes

But it did work before?

if the script is running no . but maybe i have wrongly understood that as long as the script is running I can switch the interface from peppymter to volumio and back with chvt command

Yes, that was my speculation, but I may well have been wrong. I’m writing from memory here and have never tried that in a similar constellation :wink:

Understood but it will be great to have the posibility to swtich between pepymeter and Volumio UI :slight_smile:

1 Like