[PLUGIN] Touch Display

Be aware that modified .css files will have the effect that system updates would not work anymore.

Do you mean the CSS file would reset to default after a system update or that I wouldn’t be able to do a system update or a system update would just crash everyone and nothing would work anymore? In that case, I’ll just leave it alone, doesn’t seem worth it.

System update will just fail, you’ll be stucked with the current version. The only way to recover is a factory reset.

And Now Playing is so customizable, you should be able to get to roughly the touchscreen look with bigger fonts. It’s fun and addictive!

Just to give you an example.

stock volumio

now playing

Fully customizable:

Yikes! Ok editing CSS is obviously not an option then. I’ll just go back to Now Playing, hopefully over time the progress bar issue will go away.

Thanks fo the examples all!

Progress bar can be switched off.

Hello everyone.
My apologies, I don’t know if I’m in the right place to expose what I am!!!
When I used in the past with the “2” versions of volumio installed on a “PI-3B” added to an official 7" screen, I reported the following fault:
The screen’s touch function is still active even when the backlight is off, which often leads to unknowingly activating a touch function when touching the screen to wake it up.
Version “3” of Volumio poses the same problem!!!
Wouldn’t it be possible, when you want to “wake up” the backlighting, that only this “wake up” touch function is active to the exclusion of all others?
Once the backlight is active, after a very short activation time, the other functions could be available.
Cordially

I’m probably doing something wrong, but I don’t see this plugin available to install anywhere. I’m using an x86 install to a Lenovo M73 Tiny, but this plugin doesn’t show up. First off, I don’t have the monitor yet, but it is connected to a display right now. Not sure how to proceed. Using the latest version of Volumio 3.449.

The Touch Display plugin is not for x86. Therefore it is not available from the plugin store.

x86 systems should have an option to display Volumio’s UI via HDMI video output on the system settings page: Look out for “Video Output Options” and enable “User Interface Via HDMI”.

Makes sense as to why I couldn’t find the plugin then, thanks. I do have that User Interface Via HDMI working currently via pikvm, just not sure if touch will work if I hook it up to a portable touchscreen.

i have recently bought this display:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2F6QSFZ/ref=twister_B09YJ5C9WD?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
But when i want it to work with volumio i does not match the screen.

how can i fix this i have tried to edit the config and userconfig files with the following:

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 1600 480 60 6 0 0 0
hdmi_drive=2

But that does not seem to work.
please help

Please post the complete “/boot/config.txt” and “/boot/userconfig.txt”.

Also check that the line endings in “/boot/userconfig.txt” are “LF” (not “CRLF”).

And if you’re using a rPi4, make sure to comment out the line:
#dtoverlay = VC4-KMS-V3D

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: X86 Hardware issues (WiFi, DAC, Disks, Boot etc.)

Hello, I bought a 7.9inch 400×1280, IPS, DSI,
Unfortunately I can’t configure it with volumio. Will someone help? or did i drown the money.

https://www.waveshare.com/product/7.9inch-dsi-lcd.htm

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B

HiFiBerry DAC2 Pro

7.9inch 400×1280, IPS, DSI

kernel 5.10.92

Have a look here.

Where is the screen rotation feature on the latest plugin??? It’s a joke, right?