[PLUGIN] Touch Display

I guess the touch layer is probably dead then. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much for wanting to help.

1 Like

I have the Raspberry Pi 4B with the Volumio software. I’ve installed the music display plugin and enabled it to use with the SmartiPi Touch Pro 7". The Volumio software is working and I can play music just fine using the iPhone or Mac (IP address in browser) interfaces just fine. However, the touchscreen is struck at a login prompt. There’s no touchscreen gui interface. How do I resolve this problem, and can I add or diagnose this problem via a Mac? If so, would I use terminal?

With “music display plugin” did you mean “Touch Display plugin”?

When you enable the Touch Display plugin are there any error messages? If so, what do they tell?

So your display is the original touch display from the Raspberry Pi foundation?

second question is yes :stuck_out_tongue:
it’s the same as mine for those there are now clones from waveshare @gvolt :stuck_out_tongue:

I know :wink:

I just want to be sure @wacomme is not using a Waveshare 7" display as there’s a SmartiPi case with nearly the same product name (just with an additional “W”) as for the original Raspberry display available.

your right @gvolt waveshare has made a clone of it…
didn’t see that yet :slight_smile:

Not the one SmartiCase is referring to (“Works with Waveshare 20429”).

But just let’s wait for @wacomme’s answer.

More or less a clone - Waveshare’s display does not work with the orginal Raspberry display’s driver but needs its own one…

Yes, the Touch Display plugin.

No error messages during the install. However, it was a quick install. I had installed it previously with a different microSD card and it took a long time to install, but the touchscreen worked just fine.

I bought it from Amazon, but the listing said it was the original Raspberry touchscreen.

Yes, that case is for the original Raspberry display.

And when you enable the plugin?

Two days ago.

I think you misunderstood - I meant: Did you see any errors right after enabling the plugin?

None - no errors that I recall. I installed a few times. Should I try again and look at the details to note any errors?

Yes, can’t hurt. If that should not help connect to Volumio via SSH and post the results of

cat /boot/config.txt

cat /boot/userconfig.txt

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log

and

systemctl status -l volumio-kiosk.service

I reinstalled and there were no errors.

What is SSH?

How do I connect by SSH? I know the IP address, but what is the user? Volumio?

initramfs volumio.initrd
gpu_mem=32
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
force_eeprom_read=0
include userconfig.txt

user volumio and pass volumio for ssh