[PLUGIN] Touch Display

no, still see volumio login text

and that’s new too … info: touch_display: Using Xserver unix domain socket /tmp/.X11-unix/X0

Just to make sure: Are you running Volumio 2 or 3 now?

This is Volume 3.15 Buster

but I also tried it with 2.917. that’s the only thing that gives me problems. Well, I’m super new to the topic

Ok, you began with Volumio 2:

Please let me know when you do such changes in the middle of a conversation.

Not doing so just costs time on all sides… and mine is not paid here :wink:

Now, on Volumio 3 run

sudo sed 's/"fbturbo"/"fbdev"/' -i /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-fbturbo.conf

and restart.

oh no… that was my mistake :frowning:

would not have thought that there is so much difference… but what do I know :slight_smile: nothing
sorry

I’ve done it now. results = login volumio can no longer be seen on the display. but unfortunately no UI is displayed yet

Hi There.

I just upgraded to the new Volumio 3.233 and having issues with installing the Touch display plugin.
I have tried to installing and uninstalled the plugin several times but with out any luck. I have also formatted my SD card and flashed a new Volumio OS. Still the same unfortunately.

The plugin respond with the following error when trying to start up:

Does anyone have an idea if I’m doing anything wrong? :slightly_smiling_face:

I use a 5” DSI display and that does work with displaying the rasbian GNU/Linux info and “welcome to Volumio!” when Volumio is running…

Thanks

Regards Mikkel

There has probably a download problem during the installation of the plugin.

I suggest to

• Uninstall the Touch Display plugin.

• Enable “Plugins Test Mode” on http://volumio.local/dev; maybe you have to use the IP address of your Volumio system instead of “volumio.local”.

• In the plugin store click on the “Details” button for the Touch Display plugin and choose “Install v3.3.5(beta)”. Unlike 3.3.1 the beta version also detects download errors and cancels the installation of the plugin if such an error occurs. In this case, the plugin would not appear in the list of installed plugins, giving the impression that the installation was successful.

P.S. Did you wait several minutes after the first boot so the data partition could fully expand? On a system where the data partition had not been expanded there is typically not enough space for all the software the Touch Display plugin needs and tries to download.

You may check the size of “overlayfs” in the output of

df -h

Thanks for helping me out gvolt :slight_smile:

I did wait around 15 min before i installed the Touch plugin the second time i installed Volume 3.233.
I have used 4% of the overlays, but there is no free space in dev/loop0. Would that be related to not expanding correctly?:

I did try to install the plugin a couple of time but unfortunately not possible. I got this message doing the install:

And this at the end of the installation:

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

“overlay” has 24GB available so space is not an issue.

ATM I am not able to replicate your problem:

On a Pi 4 (2GB, Rev. 1.1) runnning Volumio 3.198 I just tested (twice) if the installation of the plugin finishes successfully - and it did.

After that I uninstalled the plugin and updated Volumio to version 3.233 just to rule out, the issue you encountered has to do with the new Volumio version. Then I installed the plugin once again. Installation went through successfully.

Did you possibly change the volumio password?

BTW: What Pi model are you using?

Thanks for debugging this for me gvolt :slight_smile:

You asking of the change of new password made me think of what i did different compared to the last time i had the display running and the only thing i change was the “Player Name” at the config startup wizard. I hade a longer name with both numbers and letters… So i made a factory reset and left the name standard Volumio. That solved it.
The install took more than a hour at firsts and came up with plugin not installed, but after a second time and a reboot the plugin worked. I had Volumio in plugin test mode as you suggested.

I am running Volumio on a RPI 3b +.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

The “Player Name” should not make any difference, but anyway… glad it works now. :slight_smile:

While the installation process certainly takes some time this appears to be pretty long. If you don’t have a super slow internet connection, this and your previous experiences indicate some kind of network problem IMHO.

I to don’t think that is the solution to the install and later today the screen went light grey and no response. Other issues with missing respnose from the Web GUI also occurred… General bad install i think.
I found another SD card and did a fresh volumio install. I installed the plugin in ~ 5 min. and everything looks like its working now.
So it looks like the issue is at my end :slight_smile:

Thanks again

Thank you for reporting back :+1:

Hi again
Sorry to ask this if it already have been answered, but couldn’t find a problem like this.
It look likes the UI is loaded twice to my screen, making the screen almost colorless, very blurry and slow respons.
At plugin startup the screen goes white then grey and the UI is visible for 2-3 sec. before the same happens again and resulting in the blurry screen.
Could this be a software problem of does it more sound like a hardware issue?

I am running volume 3.232 on a RPi 3b+, plugin test mode with Touch display 3.3.5 (also tried 3.3.1). Have uninstalled and installed again, reflashed another SD card, still the same issue. Have also removed the ribbon cable and reinstalled. I have a OSOYOO 5" DSI screen.
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Regards Mikkel

Do you have a picture of the blurry screen?

Do you use scaling?

Yes on the picture I sent you, I did use a scaling of 105. I tried changing that back and forth to restart the plugin to see if that helped but no change. That’s why I had it on scaling. Good observation :slightly_smiling_face:
It’s like the last image is showing when the plugin is restarting. Slight visible in the back…

Did you modify “/boot/config.txt” and/or “/boot/userconfig.txt”, e.g. to change the framebuffer width?

Could you please post the results of

cat /boot/config.txt

and

cat /boot/userconfig.txt

so I can have a look at the content of both files?

Have not made changes to those files.

Config.txt:

initramfs volumio.initrd
gpu_mem=32
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
force_eeprom_read=0

include userconfig.txt

#### Volumio i2s setting below: do not alter ####
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus

userconfig.txt (nothing):

# Add your custom config.txt options to this file, which will be preserved during updates