[PLUGIN] Touch Display

Hello ,

I try to install but it gave me some erro when trying to unzip de zip file .
Could you please help me ,

Thanks err1.txt (4.0 KB)

File downloaded is touch display.zip, not touch_display.zip. Correct your CMD to unzip :wink:

1 Like

I gave the wrong link my post above, sorry for that.

The wget command has to be

wget https://github.com/volumio/volumio-plugins/raw/gh-pages/plugins/volumio/armhf/miscellanea/touch_display/touch_display.zip

The .zip file to download is named touch_display.zip not touchdisplay.zip…

Edit: Corrected the name of the .zip file in post #181.

Thanks ,
The installation went ok . Now spotify and peppy meter .

1 Like

I use the practice “Contemporary” from my Phone on the RPi3 connected with Hdmi to the TV to see the scrolling of the songs but I would like to hide the left side menu for a more pleasant view, how can I do?
Is there a show / hide switch or a view only mode for Hdmi?

That would have to be done by either modifying .html or .css files I think. I also suggest to have a look at the thread @dvo cited above.

Hi,
Pls advice me.
I want to by a 10 inch or 15 inch display to use with a peppymeter screensaver. I thi7th to buy laptop display and a controller. I want to use it with rpi4. Do you think that it will be OK, to use also touch plugin display or I should find another solution? Maybe a display laptop with touch incorporated… This will work with touch plugin display?
Pls recomend me a model if you know.
Thanks

In case the display controller offers an HDMI input or an input you can get an HDMI adapter for, I guess you would be able to use the display with your Pi. If it has no HDMI input I would expect it to be - at least - difficult. If you don’t have experience with display controllers I would probably refrain from spending the money and time…

If you should manage to connect the laptop display to your Pi (and receive a signal :wink: ) I suppose the Touch Display plugin will not be the limiting factor. It primarily runs the xserver and chromium browser which is output to the display suitable connectors of the Pi.

Regarding touch: If the touchscreen signals of the laptop display should not be transmitted via a known connection type (physically, electrically and software wise) my estimation from above that such a screen would not be worth the time and money is all the more true IMHO. If touch should be transmitted via USB it should work.

Sorry, can’t recommend you a screen.

Thqnks for your response.
If the Controller willl have hdmi Input, the display will be able to enter in screen saver mode?

Can’t say for sure the display’s backlight will be shut off on a Pi4. There have been posts about HDMI displays only blanking when connected to a Pi4.

hi @gvolt
i had trouble from touch_display ( to get peppymeter work )

this is the error

â volumio-kiosk.service - Volumio Kiosk
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/volumio-kiosk.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2021-05-27 14:59:29 UTC; 2min 1s ago
Process: 958 ExecStart=/usr/bin/startx /etc/X11/Xsession /opt/volumiokiosk.sh – -nocursor (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 958 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
May 27 14:59:14 volumio startx[958]: at http://wiki.x.org
May 27 14:59:14 volumio startx[958]: for help.
May 27 14:59:14 volumio startx[958]: (EE) Please also check the log file at “/home/volumio/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log” for additional information.
May 27 14:59:14 volumio startx[958]: (EE)
May 27 14:59:14 volumio startx[958]: (EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
May 27 14:59:29 volumio startx[958]: xinit: giving up
May 27 14:59:29 volumio startx[958]: xinit: unable to connect to X server: Cannot assign requested address
May 27 14:59:29 volumio startx[958]: xinit: server error
May 27 14:59:29 volumio systemd[1]: volumio-kiosk.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
May 27 14:59:29 volumio systemd[1]: volumio-kiosk.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’. Blockquote

Please post the results of

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log
and
chromium-browser -version

I suspect the download of one of the software packages during the installation process of the Touch Display plugin has failed.

You may try to uninstall and re-install the plugin and precautionary watch the logs while the plugin gets installed with

sudo journalctl -f

If re-installing the plugin should not help please post or PM me the logs.

The logs seems unavailable

I did uninstall and reinstall few time still no luck

FYI im on intel NUC running Volumio 3 buster

Good to know :wink:

Then you are in the wrong thread: This thread is about the Touch Display plugin which is not available for x86 systems (so you can’t re-install it as suggested…).

I suggest to open a new thread. The requested Xorg log you probably will find in “/home/volumio/.local/share/xorg”.

Means i cant get the peppymeter work on x86?

IDK, you may ask in the peppymeter thread.

Hey thanks - I got this running on a monitor, the plugin offers the “Show Mouse Pointer”, but will the mouse only work if connected with USB … or can a Bluetooth mouse be connected? Thanks

Pi4 B 8GB / Volumio 2.882

The setting only affects if the mouse cursor is displayed. It does not depend on how the mouse is connected. If you manage to pair the devices I guess a bluetooth mouse would work with Volumio, but I didn’t try myself.

uhm if he has a unify logitech mouse it works out of the box …
even on 3 screens i just have to switch it over… 2x pi 4 and 1 pc