[PLUGIN] SoundCloud

Hi Patrick,

thank you for this plugin! It really helps me out big time in my everyday life :slight_smile:

Update: I just realized the issue is a completely different one!

Really, the trouble is that I added a soundcloud playlist to a volumio playlist. If I select a track after the soundcloud playlist in my volumio playlist, it will be the track according to the soundcloud playlist! So, essentially I will see the tracks I’ve added to the volumio playlist but in reality it will play the tracks from the corresponding position in the soundcloud playlist while displaying the track I added to my volumio playlist. I hope this is understandable.

I.e. I add a 5 track playlist from soundcloud to a volumio playlist. Then I add 5 more tracks to the volumio playlist. When I play the second track from the latter, the actual track being played will be track #2 from the soundcloud playlist!

old issue

I came across the following issue: When I browse for tracks and I have several tracks in a search that I want to add to a playlist, for some reason it saves the wrong tracks in there! They are tracks that I have listened to, but they dont fit the description in the playlist. The description also shows a different song in the “now playing” window below, once I play them but it’s definitely not the track I wanted. This only happens when I add more than one track per search, so I would need to search again, then add the next track, search again, and so on.

Any way you could address this issue?

I’m using Volumio 3 and I just flashed it a few days ago and had the issue from the start.

Best,
phylanx

1 Like

Hi Phylanx, I do not think this can be addressed at the plugin level, since the “Add to Playlist” function is provided by Volumio.

Ah, damn. Where should I post this instead then?

Hi. I seem to have an issue in soundcloud since upgrading to volumio 3. There are bits of what look like HTML code appearing in the interface, l.e "> and PARTY "> for example
and when I do a search everything ends up jumbled on top of the previous line. I don’t think I can attach a pic here, other wise I would add a screen shot to show what I mean.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with this

what version of SoundCloud are u using? the 0.1.4 looks oke here.

Hi, Just a note to say that following those instructions, installing the 0.1.4 version and rebooting the pi got it to work nicely.
Thanks

This plugin does not work does not show or search for anything. volumio 3.378

1 Like

It works exactly as described for me. Search works fine. Try uninstalling the plugin, restartinf and then reinstalling.

1 Like

Reinstall plugin, no result don’t search plugin don’t work

did you type something in the top right search bar?

Yes, of course

i can’t test it right now but it always worked without a problem.
my volumio is down right now.

Search on v0.1.4 is working for me. Try

• unistalling plugin
  • power off and on
  • reinstall plugin

Installing the plugin on volumio V2.916 never ends:

root@volumio:/home/volumio/temp/volumio-soundcloud# volumio plugin install

This command will install the plugin on your device

Compressing the plugin
Plugin succesfully compressed
Progress: 10
Downloading plugin at http://127.0.0.1:3000/plugin-serve/soundcloud.zip

It stays at “Downloading…” forever. Is there a log with some details to find the problem?

Any reason why you’re not on v3?

Volumio 2 is not supported anymore…
what is the interest of staying in v2?
And don’t connect ssh as root but as volumio :wink:

ssh volumio@IP

In the office and at home I do run volumio as a vm on proxmox. Installation didn’t go to well and I decided to update through GUI which has updated to V2.916. Both volumio’s run well. At the office I installed soundcloud plugin 1.5 years ago - no problems at all. At home I decided just now to install the plugin but it failed.

I guess installation of plugins has changed in volumio as 2.x did work but fails in v2.916.

I understand if support for v2 ended. Maybe someday I try to install v3 as a proxmox vm.

1 Like

I’m having a display issue with search since I upgraded to 3.4. Currently on latest 3.416 and have reinstalled SoundCloud 0.1.4

Does anyone else have this issue? (Searching the music library works fine btw)

are you using manifest? try now playing :wink: