[PLUGIN] Podcast plugin for Volumio

Weird. This is a different problem to the one I’m experiencing. For me the region option is still there, but changing it makes my plugin list disappear - see message above.

EDIT I’m going to wait until the latest Volumio update happens this week. I reckon they’re busy with the big changes to the plugin store and that this is connected somehow.

I just understood the malfunction when the list of plugins disappears when the Podcast plugin is installed:
If I choose to have the test plugins, the list disappears
If I don’t put the test plugins, the list remains accessible.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint. We will fix the response from the plugin store. this is an issue caused by the manual publishing of this plugin we did yesterday.

I’ll give that a try. Thanks.

@Christianrablay Yes, that worked. Thanks.

Just installed it, will test it the next days. Thank you for your work.

What is missing I guess is, that the plugin remembers the position of a podcast episode you already started to listen. I often stop in between, especially for longer episodes and continue another time (and maybe use Volumio to listen to music in between). Therefore it would be quite essential to continue at the same position afterwards.

@Christianrablay
That’s very strange… I can’t reproduce your situation. Please let me know your Volumio version, Volumio device type (example: Raspberry Pi 4.0, PC(x86), Asus Tinkerboard), browser type and version(example: chrome 98.0.4758.2 on PC or mobile, firefox on PC, safari on Machintosh, etc…).

In addition, I’m running Volumio 3.0 on Raspberry Pi 3.0/4.0 and UI device is PC with chrome browser. Region selection UI element works well.

I use a Raspberry 4 with volumio 3.198.
I connect with firefox on linux, the volumio application on android and with the raspberry screen and the Touch Display plugin.
I have each time the disappearance of the menu to choose the region.

Yes, same problem here. List disappears when clicking on it.
Volumio x86 3.224

@Christianrablay
I tried with different client for the setup page on raspberri pi 3 and 4 with volumio 3.198. All of them are working. I can’t reproduce disappearance of the region…

ubuntu 20.04 firefox 91.0 - ok
chrome and firefox on windows 10 or windows 11 - ok
volumio app on android mobile - ok
raspberry pi LCD screen with Touch Display plugin - ok

I tried to install it again on a new card. I didn’t install any plugins before and I still have the same result.
Could my location have an impact? I am based in France and volumio is configured in French.

I changed into French language at Volumio system setup and everthing is working fine…
Please specify the following item with your environment that you have a disappearance of the region.

• device: (example: Raspberry Pi 3/4 or X86)
  • browser: (example: chrome on PC or chrome on android)

device : Raspberry Pi 4 2GB with rasptouch https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/lecteurs-reseau-open-source/rasptouch-i-sabre-es9038q2m-lecteur-reseau-tactile-32bit-384khz-dsd128-p-12181.html
browser :Firefox 97 - LinuxMint 20.03
volumio application for android

@Christianrablay
I fixed the problem of the disappearance of the region. It is a problem of country that you changed into system language and it causes a same problem at many countries. I’ll release fixed version sooner or later.

In addition, before I update the new version, I’ll let you the workaround for this problem. First, you change into US language at system setup menu and you can see the normal region selection at podcast setup. You can search podcasts and add podcast that you search. After searching and adding the podcast, you change into your country language at system setup menu.

Thanks.

Hi, I hope a fix comes. changing the language region works. they can add podcasts without any problems. thanks a lot for the plugin and working with the fix.

Hi @cgsong ,

the actual version of Podcast plugin (v 2.1.0) has still the problem of non persistent country setting. Is there a fix available?
Volumio language is set to “English” and the podcast location plops always back to “USA”.
When I change the Volumio language to “Germany” the location of the podcast plugin switches to “Germany” as well…

Take care,
Robert

1 Like

Hi,

Earlier today I installed Volumio for the first time. So, please bear with me if this is common knowledge.

I’m running Volumio on an RPI 3B with a HiFiBerry Digi+ and everything seems to be working on these first hours using it.

I subscribe to Premium, and of the things I have tested so far one thing crossed my mind.

While using the podcast plugin is it possible to set (increase) the playback speed to 1.5x or 2.0x?

Please, let me know.

Thanks