[PLUGIN] Podcast plugin for Volumio

I raised an issue a while ago in the old volumio-plugins repo that saving favourites from the podcast plugin doesn’t work. I’m happy to try to add this feature but I’m assuming I should wait until it’s moved to the volumio-plugins-sources repo.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest. In addition, I’ve been developing searching podcast directory feature.

Thanks.

Just left a comment on the issue, I’ve made some progress but there are some non-trivial changes that need to be made to make Podcasts work with Favourites.

Do we have any idea when it will be moved to the new repo?

Unfortunately, I was shocked to discover that the Potcast plugin is no longer available with version 3. For me, this functionality is essential. As long as this plugin is not available, Volumio is “out of order” for me :frowning:

1 Like

Unfortunately the stoppage in plugins is terrible.

Volumio 3 Issues?
I cannot find after updating volumio the podcast plugin.
Has this feature been deleted? This would be a realy bad move!

Please see: Volumio 3 issues: hints and solutions before posting a new issue.
(You’ll need to cut and paste the link)

----------------------------- Delete here & above before posting below -----------------

1 Like

I’m a developer of podcast and I update podcast plugin with new feature such as seaching, fast loading episodes and I’ve been contact Volumio team and they will approve the plugin on Volumio 3. But Volumio team usually takes a much time to deliver on their system. So please wait for their action…
Thanks.

2 Likes

Great news! We will wait delighted😃

Podcast plugin 2.0 is released in Volumio 3.0 so you can install it. I added following new features.

• search podcast directory with keyword
  • add searched result of podcasts
  • set search podcast region
  • set episodes limit of podcast retrieval
  • add podcast favourite function

Thanks.

2 Likes

How can I do. I only see default podcast (samples) not any search menu.:man_shrugging:

Thanks @cgsong! One of the key plugins I’d been waiting for in V3. Works perfectly.

1 Like

@cutandaweb Search and add your podcasts via the Settings tab.
Plugins/Installed Plugins/Podcast/Settings

Thanks your very much.:+1:

Hi @cgsong
Just spotted that after installing the new podcast plugin that my plugin list is now empty. Tried rebooting and clearing cache, but still empty. Screenshot_20220208-101538_Vivaldi Browser|243x500

Tried it on my second system, full list of plugins before installing Podcasts, empty afterwards.

V3.198
RPi 4 v1.4

1 Like

Hello
I have the same problem as Simone, my plugin list is empty after installing Podcast.
I can’t choose the region. When I click on Select region, the area disappears.
And the podcast search does not work. I enter keywords and click on serch podcast, nothing happens.
V3.198
RPi 4 v1.4
Christian

The updated plugin clears previous saved podcasts and reset with default podcasts…

Podcast plugin searching is based on iTunes podcast region. Some of region have not podcast search directory infomation. If there is no result of searching then please change into USA region and search podcast.

The first problem I have is that I can’t choose the region. The menu disappears when I want to write.

1 Like

It’s not the podcast list that’s missing, it’s the list of plugins. On both my systems, this disappeared immediately after installing the podcast plugin.

I’m working with Volumio 3.198 on RP 4. After installing the podcast plugin, Installed plugins and Search plugins are shown in my system. It is not plugin itself issue so please contact Volumio team for this problem.
Thanks.