[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Risking the possibility to come off as being entitled, but would it be possible to add the possibility of starting Zone 2 of the Onkyo receiver? Looking at the node-eiscp package, this should be possible and relatively straight-forward (and I wouldn’t mind doing it myself/helping if I knew were to start). In any case, thanks for plugin, it works great!

Interesting. :slight_smile: I wasn’t aware of this.

My amplifier doesn’t support it, :frowning: so I don’t think I’ll be able to give it a go reliably and test it. But please feel free to look at it and make a pull request:

github.com/orderoftheflame/volu … yo_control

I’d be more than happy to pull your change in if you do get a chance to look into it. :slight_smile:

Hi @orderoftheflame

Is the Onkyo Controller plugin something that will be added to the Ver 3 plugin collection ?

1 Like

Hiya, thanks for the interest.

I’m afraid I’m pretty far out the loop with Volumio development, and haven’t much idea what’s involved with the porting from v2 to v3. :confused:

I’d love to take a look, but I just don’t find the time with work being so busy for me. But I’ve no problem if anyone else wants to pick it up. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your fast reply

I’m afraid I’m not the guy for that :worried: , but I also hope someone takes care of this masterpiece, a very useful piece to make a seamless system for us Onkyo users

Maybe we can ask @balbuze ?
He has a record for not leaving a challenge untouched :smiley:

1 Like

Please refer to this post: volumio-3-plugin-migration-status
The authors of the plugins are requested to upgrade, whether and when they will, we do not know.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, did you try installing it manually?

That would give everyone a hint if it’s a “simple” or “complex” migration…

1 Like

Well have given that a thought , will make a clean ver 3 install and test this weekend

Will report later

2 Likes

Hello. As a new user of Volumia Primo, I might ask stupid questions. Can this plugin be installed on Volumio Primo? I own an Onkyo 656 and I would like to try this plugin :). thank you for answer

1 Like

Hiya, thanks for the interest.

I can’t see any reason why it shouldn’t work.

I don’t have a Primo though, so all I can do is suggest trying and report back. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That would be a great thing. It is not in the Primo plugin list. Can it be installed securely manually?

1 Like

Hi @orderoftheflame and others

Is this still correct for manual install?

1. Connect via ssh using putty or the command line ssh volumio@volumio.local
  2. Download and install the plugin using the following commands:
git clone https://github.com/orderoftheflame/volumio-plugins.git
cd volumio-plugins/plugins/miscellanea/onkyo_control
npm install
volumio plugin install
1 Like

For Volumio 2 it would be correct. I’m afraid I don’t know if that process has changed for Volumio 3.

1 Like

Is your Primo using Volumio 2 or 3?

I’m not sure how the Primo’s installation differers, but I’d have thought it should appear under the Miscellaneous tab in plugins for 2.

I’m still a bit out of the loop on Volumio 3, some other kind forum users are experimenting to see if it can be installed manually or if it needs any changes.

Yes, the process will be the same on Volumio 3 as well…

3 Likes

I’m currently using the latest build of Volumio 3. Thanks for the help, gentlemen.I’ll try when I’m home

1 Like

Hi @orderoftheflame @ashthespy and Others

The plugin works nice :smiley:
Did the install as above , attached is the install log

Not: use only basic settings

Onkyo Controller install log.txt (2.6 KB)

3 Likes

Hello.

I would like to thank everyone who helped me with the installation of the plugin. Of course, thanks a lot to the author of the plugin. Everything works great.

Last build Volumio 3.
Volumio Primo device.

Thank you so much and happy holidays :slight_smile:

Fantastic news! Thanks both.

Does anyone know what process is needed to get the plugin into v3 as a readily available plugin now?

1 Like

Hey @orderoftheflame

I have made some enhancements on my local version (zone support and volume support) and I believe I know what is needed to make it v3 compliant. Do you mind if I contribute it back and try to get it back into official status?

1 Like