[PLUGIN] Now Playing

Sorry but I really don’t know how the plugin could be causing the issue, since it doesn’t modify Xorg config files at all.

I’m looking at the wiki for your display. It seems that the touch display plugin saves different settings for touch rotation. The wiki also mentions the display having a physical button at the back for changing the touch orientation :thinking:

1 Like

you’re correct. There is a button to rotate the touch orientation.
They also mention this:
“We recommend using the software modification method. Otherwise, when using the new system, it may cause touch reverse errors. At that time, you need to press and hold “Rotate Touch” to rotate.”

So for some reason loading the page through port 4004, seems to bypass/reset the rotation…
go figure.

3 Likes

Please let me know if you got it running again with touch rotation working (without the now playing plugin). I am rather curious as to why loading a web page (be it the default Volumio UI or now playing screen) could cause touch calibration to fail.

I remember when setting up my puny 3.5" touchscreen, the rotation done by the touch display plugin didn’t work and I had to follow the manufacturer’s instructions instead…

1 Like

Just finished the re-installation of touch display. Screen rotation set to 270deg. Touch orientation is ok,

1 Like

Good to know! By the way, do you know if there are any cases out there that could fit this screen together with a pi. Something like a slim chassis, preferably aluminum. Tempted to get one but couldn’t find any case for it…

I am waiting for this case to arrive:

in the mean time i’ve put it in/on an old case of the ReadyNas Duo.
put it on the side and used some old DVD cases to close the gaps.

3 Likes

Built in the new case:

2 Likes

Nice :slight_smile:

@Wheaten Excellent! Reminds me of those very pricey Technics amps.

1 Like

I just downloaded the Now Playing plugin, but under Volumio kiosk I see the following message:
“Kiosk script not detected or could not be read”
What can I do about it?
I’m currently running Volumio 3.165

Edit:
I also installed the Touch Display plugin, because the internet referred to this plugin a lot when I searched for kiosk script.
Now I can click “Set to Now Playing” under Volumio Kiosk.
However, I don’t see anything change in the Volumio playback screen. Am I missing something?

So does the screen that is connected to your Volumio device still shows the default interface?

kiosk script is from touch plugin … @patrickkfkan i think he installed the wrong version of touch plugin.

1 Like

You need the kiosk script to enable display on the Volumio device itself.

@Rico , if you go to http://<your volumio address>:4004 what do you see?

I think I am wrong myself.
I thought the Now Playing screen also became visible on the computer or phone you use to open volumio. But that’s not the case with me. When I open :4004 I do indeed see the correct screen.

But I still had a Pi with Volumio laying around somewhere that is linked to the original 7" raspberry screen. I also installed the plugin here. And here I get to see the correct screen.
So if I understand correctly, the Now Playing screen can only be displayed on a screen that is actually connected to the Pi via HDMI or the DSI connector?
Sorry for my stupidity if so.

Is there a way to change the fonts in the UI or via SSH?

1 Like

Not at the moment. You would have to change the CSS directly.

I might add a Font Family setting but I need to think how it can be done so that it’s not too complicated for the end user.

Ok. It´s a very nice plugin! Love it! Where do I find the .css -file if I want to experiment my self?

1 Like

Am I right that, the Now Playing screen only be displayed on a screen that is actually connected to the Pi via HDMI or the DSI connector?

You can access the screen in any web browser through http://<volumio address>:4004. It does not replace the now playing screen of the default Volumio interface.

You can edit the file /data/plugins/user_interface/now_playing/app/public/stylesheets/main.css

Look for the font-family css property. If you are using webfonts, please make sure you load them in /data/plugins/user_interface/now_playing/app/views/index.ejs. E.g.:

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?Noto+Sans+Display:wght@100;700&family=Roboto:wght@400;700&display=swap"
    rel="stylesheet">