[PLUGIN] Now Playing

I have a little more information that may or may not help with the progress bar issue.

I installed BubbleUPnP to use as a control point. It seemed the progress bar was working normally… I realized gapless playback was not enabled so I went to settings and turned it on. After that the progress bar started staying on the right side of the screen and not moving.

Hi Patrick Nice plugin

Noted. I’ll see if I can reproduce this issue with gapless playback and hopefully come up with a solution.

Hi Patrickkfkan,

i have notice, that when playing tidal you see the logo of tidal
when playing Qoubus you don’t see the logo of Qobus, in the earlier version of now playing there is

This plugin rules. Just a quick thank you.

Go to http://<volumio address>/dev. What is the Player State shown when you play a Qobuz track that is missing a logo?

1 Like

Hi, can you share the css for this screen? Best

Hi, does the plugin tested on resolution 1920x480?
i edited the font size via the plugin setting, it works on browser but not change in the wide screen.
I also tried to manually edit the “app/client/build/static/css/main.b51ce436.css”. Wide screen remain unchanged.

1 Like

What’s the value you set to?

the font disappear when i set value “0” , 1-100 will not change the font size.

also the “sample rate” font will extremely large when i set >1

i manually changed the “.css” and temporarily working now.

I also wondering if it is anyway to change the font? Thanks

You did not specify unit like ‘px’.

ops. silly me.
Yes. it works now. Thanks!

Thank you.
[PLUGIN] Now Playing is awesome. Can you tell me where the images on the idle screen are from. and I want to fix its image with my family photo, how do I do that. Because there are some pictures that I don’t think are good.
Thank you
PS: attached image example i don’t like it

1. Go to Volumio Settings → Appearance. Under ‘Theme Settings’, upload the image you want to use as the Now Playing Idle screen background.
  2. In the Now Playing plugin settings, under “Idle Screen”, select “Volumio Background” for Background Type. Then choose the image you uploaded just then.

Thank you, I made it.

After reports of issues with newly-created weather API keys not working, I looked into this and it appears that with OpenWeatherMap updating their “OneCall” API from v2.5 to v3.0, new API keys no longer work with v2.5.

Now, the bigger issue is with the subscription requirement of v3.0. You now have to subscribe to their OneCall API v3.0 before you can use it. This entails providing your credit card details so they can charge you if the number of API calls exceed their free quota. I don’t think this is desirable for most users.

If it’s any consolation, they do provide an alternative API that returns a stripped-down set of data (3-hour forecast instead of hourly, up to five days). We might be able to utilize that instead.

In other news, I found that setting Idle Screen background to “Random image from Unsplash” fails if no keywords are provided. Unsplash probably requires keywords now. I will update the plugin to include the period of day if no keywords are specified.

Stay tuned.

(@Young_Kun_Kwon , @bretta200)

1 Like

Hi patrick is it possible to scrap this info instead of key / api?

Maybe.

Is this and issue only with newly-created weather API keys? I’m still getting the weather with the keys I created before. Incidentally, the OneCall iOS app works fine with hourly and five day forceasts.

Regards,