[PLUGIN] MPD OLED - installation & configuration plugin

I think there’s a setting for that In the plugin config screen. Not sure what it’s called though as I’m out and about.

you’re correct:

Can’t remember that I’ve used it ever before. :thinking:

1 Like

Hi Lintbf,
did i understand you…this version of balbuse works fine with version 3 ? so where to get… thanks
Matthias

Hi Matthias

The message with the download link for the V3 compatible mpd_oled plugin is: [NOT RECOMENDED!] Plugin and Tweaks Adventures on Buster Betas - #57 by balbuze

Adrian.

3 Likes

I just installed balbuze’s modiefied plugin, and it is working well on a clean Volumio 3 system.

I had some trouble during the install. The volumio plugin install was initially erroring out and leaving the plugin half istalled. I eventually tracked this down having changed the volumio user password! I changed it back to ‘volumio’ (which I had to do with sudo passwd volumio as the volumio user wasn’t authorised to set such a weak password), and the plugin then installed correctly.

Adrian.

I also confirm that is working. This should be added in Plugin store :). Just downloaded and run volumio plugin install :slight_smile:

Same here.
This mpd_oled version works without issues.
The combination with PeppyMeter is causing problems, most likely they fight over the Alsa pipe?

1 Like

One day! It will happen… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

one day as in Tomorrow?

1 Like

Yes, it works.THanks to all
Matthias
happy 3. Advent :wink:

1 Like

It is working with Volumio3 I can confirm as well

2 Likes

Maybe tomorrow!

It does not completely works out on my config. After installing the latest version from balbuze, config the plug-in and rebooting. My OLED screen does give me the right info (tip: if you are living in The Netherlands like me, then set the pi time-zone to Vienna), but streaming music (source Independent: tested with local files, Tidal, Spotify and Radio) plays 2 second loops and sounds like an echo, really strange. This also happens with the Volumio startup sound.

Once this occurs, uninstalling the plugin does not make any difference. You need to at least perform a factory reset to make it all work again. I had to do a fresh install after my last attempt.

On a Raspberry 4 with the Allo Boss2.
System version 3.175

A looping audio issue, which may be the same issue, is also reported by two people using NR1-UI

Adrian.

1 Like

For some reason mpd_oled keeps sending getState commands when it’s enabled, which overloads my Rpi4, eventually causing Spotify Connect streams to abruptly stop after a few minutes. The only way to prevent this from happening is to turn off the mpd_oled plugin on the Plugins page.

Logs:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/0XI1CBF.html

Is there a way to prevent mpd_oled from constantly polling the system?

Running Volumio 3.198.

1 Like

Hi starfly

The problem may not be what it appears to be, because mpd_oled uses a method of getting the Volumio player state that produces a lot of log messages, which then looks like a problem. There are other, probably better, ways to get the player state, but I haven’t received any reports of issues relating to the current way of getting the player state.

The issue may relate to the way that ALSA is set up by the particular mpd_oled plugin you are using, combined with the Spotify connect plugin/software. It may be that the mpd_oled plugin is locking some ALSA parameters that the Spotify connect plugin wants to change, causing Spotify to stop playing (or could be some other ALSA interaction). This is just a suggestion for something to investigate though, as I don’t use Volumio 3 or Spotify.

Adrian.

1 Like

If mpd_oled can work standalone to Volumio, you can test the hypothesis by killing Volumio, and just running the both daemons.
Launch mpd_oled and enable Spotify Connect as usual, then kill Volumo with

volumio vstop
journalctl -f

And connect and play music, and see if you still have underruns

Yas! I’ve finally managed to pull my head out of my arse and give v3 another go. So far so good, working very well, no major issues so far. Hopefully, I’ll get onto the plugin store…

3 Likes

If you have cleaned your head, where is the code located :slight_smile:

Hi guys
I can’t find the ways out ,I had installed plugin MPE OLD but still Inactive how can i do ?