[PLUGIN] miniDLNA

If you installed the plugin on two Pis of course. Change the friendly name of one of the miniDLNA servers. Or disable / uninstall the plugin on one of the PIs.

edit …

i found the problem spaces in between the names of files…
i can play 14min.mp3 but all my files have spaces in the names :frowning:
strange after i played one file the others seems to work to now…

changed /mnt to /mnt/USB/Extreme_Pro_1/Music

thx gvolt for your help :slight_smile:

@giorgosperi we got mini dlna working on 3.10 with my tv so it will work…

I also have many files that have spaces in their names. They are delivered by the miniDLNA server as well and played flawlessly.

You may check what kind of whitespace characters are used in your files and possibly assure only the “classic” space character (Unicode number U+0020) get used. But it is also possible that your TV can’t handle file names with whitespace characters. Unfortunately the implementations of DLNA clients in TVs and the like are often… not perfect :wink:

So before checking all your files for “valid” whitespace characters I would test the TV’s DLNA client with a single file where you made sure that it contains the mentioned space character. You may also try to play your existing files containing whitespace charaters using e.g. VLC on a PC.

thats cool but i m going to hold for final version so i have the search of plugins.
2.904 seems to be a stable version

if it works for you great :slight_smile:

Hi,
I just did successfully the installation of the miniDLNA plugin.

As I cannot find any option to provide Qobuz titles for the miniDLNA-server I kindly ask if this would be supported.

Greetings Waleka

If you have downloaded audio files you would just need to specify the directory where these files are stored as “Audio Files Directory” on the plugin’s config page.

Thank you for your answer.

It means that I have to store the music in the specified directory as precondition for DLNA-service, and it’s not possible to distribute the Qobuz stream directly to the miniDLNA-server and listen to it in another room, using any DLNA-device.

As I never download music from Qobuz, I listen music exclusively by streaming.
So I have to use an additional volumio-device/Qobuz straming for listening music in another room,

Yes, miniDLNA needs the files which should be accessed from a client in defined locations.

Thank you very much

@dvo
how you install this on v3?
one of my rasberries doesnt like v2 for some reason so i moved on v3…

1. Login to Volumio via SSH.

2. Download the miniDLNA plugin .zip file.

wget https://github.com/volumio/volumio-plugins/raw/gh-pages/plugins/volumio/armhf/miscellanea/minidlna/minidlna.zip
  1. Create a directory for unzipping the plugin package
mkdir minidlna
  1. Unzip the plugin package to the newly created directory
miniunzip minidlna.zip -d minidlna
  1. Change into the directory with the unzipped files
cd minidlna
  1. Install the plugin
volumio plugin install
  1. Enable the plugin from Volumio’s plugin managment.
2 Likes

@gvolt
thanks i was looking for these instructions…this version is only for v3 or also v2?

Both.

1 Like

i went to 2x version 3.074 now you could even skin volumio,
sorry for the late response i was watching soccer.
and ended in crying on the couch.

tnx @gvolt for filling up the gab …i just went with filling up my beer.

what do you mean skin volumio? you werent able before?
i ended up updating also one of my rasberries on v3.074 because for some reason only this device is freezing on v2…its crazy i give up.
at least i added everything except spotify i guess when they release the final version is going to be also available.
and miniDLNA works fine.

with the newer 3.074 you can add a skin like option… eazy install instead of the peppy version

thats nice yeah.