[PLUGIN] Live playlists

Hi there,

I’ve started creating a plugin for some live/dynamic playlists.
Current features include random playlists, recently added tracks, and tracks filtered by year (range).

There’s some configuration possible, namely restrict tracks to subfolder (e.g. NAS/Singles).

Warning: this is early development, but it works pretty well for me (on Odroid C1 with Volumio2 #e543d97)…

Download
github.com/ivesdebruycker/volum … _0.1.0.zip

Development
https://github.com/ivesdebruycker/volumio2-plugin-live-playlists

Great!!! Trying it as we speak!

Very cool, I was looking for something like that, especially for the “recently added” features.

The live playlist thing is definitely something that is being overlooked by a lot of media servers and players.
I’m personally looking for something that allows me to browse the albums / folders that were added in the last week / month / 3 months / 6 months / year.

When looking over your code I found the query that you are using is "modified-since “2016-06-01T00:00:00Z”. If that is working, the above would be very easy to achieve by adapting or extending your code (for a longer lasting user experience, the date should be calculated, though :wink: )

Jochen

That wouldn’t be to hard to implement in code, but I was thinking of something more flexible like Winamp smart views, where you could create your own custom dynamic view on the track database by adding rules:

Unfortunately, I don’t think Volumio has the UI controls to make this possible at the moment.

Oh yeah, that would be nice indeed…

I remember that MediaMonkey also has such a feature called auto-playlists (mediamonkey.com/information/ … oplaylists) and a plugin called Magic Nodes that allowed you to create a custom hierarchy.

New version:

• fixes install isssues (thanks Jochen)
  • playlists for tracks added in last 1 week/1 month/3 months/6 months/1 year

Download
https://github.com/ivesdebruycker/volumio2-plugin-live-playlists/releases/download/0.2.0/volumio2_plugin_live_playlists_0.2.0.zip

Development
https://github.com/ivesdebruycker/volumio2-plugin-live-playlists

Hey, thanks for the update!

Is it normal that the screen stays empty if you click on one of the live categories?
I can add tracks that were added this week to the playlist with the context menu but I cannot dive into one of the categories to see whats in there.

One feature I’d like to suggest is to add the “recently added albums” in addition to the tracks .

have a good weekend

Hi,
I’ve been looking for something like this, but it seems to work for me. I’m on 2.502. I will only get empty playlists when I browse through the categories.

Kindest regards,

Kjartan

Hi,
I have the same issue, is there a solution to this problem? :slight_smile:
Thank you

Hi Jerome,
I’ve not been able to solve this, still got empty list.

Thank you for your answer @kjarrig , too bad we can’t solve this problem :frowning:

Hi,
because Live playlist not work to me. I wroted python script with similar function. Every day in combination with cron create playlist of new added songs.

Hi Zafodtom,

would you like to add a single post to the 'Volumio Plugins Collection’ list to show your plugin … a single place means more people will be able to find it.

OK this is good idea. Thank you

1 Like

Just noticed this again, and realise that I thought you had written a plugin, rather than a python script and cron job. Presumably that’s why you didn’t add it to 'Volumio Plugins Collection’.

What prompted me to revisit your post was that someone was recently asking about searching for their latest added albums (which you can’t do with a simple search). You should be able to encapulate your python script within the standard (node.js) plugin framework failrly easily I would have thought … for example, have a look at this GitHub repo, and the post on Volumio.

More information on writing plugins can be found here.