[PLUGIN] IR Remote Controller feedback thread

It may be a problem with the Spotify connect plugin. It works quite good with my phone but is practically useless with my wife’s phone. I have switched to tidal.

It’s not as convenient but maybe you can use the other Spotify plugin and load playlists from within the volumio UI. Then the remote should behave as expected.

Are you using two different spotify accounts? Multi-account support was broken but ash just fixed it in a beta build. Here’s a link with install instructions: github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … -607156749

The more I play with it the more I realize there’s a general stability issue that’s making it hard to isolate what features aren’t working as expected. I need to switch to a breadboard to make sure it’s not a crappy connection problem I’m introducing.

My wife had two different problems. She either could not connect at all or she could not control playback. Now she has given up on volumio. She’s not as patient as I am…

I have a TSOP4838 ir receiver connected with female breadboard wires and some hot glue and that has been 100% reliable so far. :slight_smile:

I have spent days trying to configure IR Remote in Volumio.

I have a RPI 3B+ running Volumio 2.729

I have separately tested the IR Receiver using an LED to confirm that it is functioning as per the test setup on this page: thepihut.com/blogs/raspberry-pi … -receivers

I have attached the IR Receiver (TSOP384.) to RPI Pin 1 3.3v, Pin 6 GND, and Pin 22 GPIO 25.

I have installed the IR Controller v 1.2.3 and configured Apple Remote A1156.

If I SSH into Volumio and issue:

sudo /etc/init.d/lirc stop
mode2 -d /dev/lirc0

I do not see any pulse / space outputs.

Can anyone suggest what I should try next…

Thanks

So this doesn’t support the pifi dac+?

Sorry but what is the link with IR Remote ?

Does anyone uses a Flirc? I got one laying around and I am wondering how to make it work (on Volumio Primo :slight_smile:). Thanks in advance

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CPH1919 met Tapatalk

Hi guys! I am trying the record my own IR remote controller using the irrecord tools. But it always give me this error message:

Now hold down button “KEY_ENTER”.
Got it.
Signal length is 0
That’s weird because the signal length must be odd!
Try again.
Sorry, something went wrong.
Try again.

Please note that I can have response from the command ‘mode2 -d /dev/lirc0’:

space 16777215
space 477362
pulse 3042
space 2941

pulse 548
space 3935
pulse 558
pulse 126187

I do some search and found a discussion "
[Stretch/Buster] Using LIRC with kernel 4.19.X and gpio-ir" on the raspberrypi.org:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=235256
It says that

the command “irrecord” included in lirc does not work with gpio-ir
because the signal from /dev/lircX generated by gpio-ir is
slightly different from that of lirc_dev.and “irrecord” included in lirc does not work with gpio-ir
because the signal from /dev/lircX generated by gpio-ir is
slightly different from that of lirc_dev.

I followed the patch procedure and tried on volumio-2.777 (built on Mon May 25 18:53:02 CEST 2020) but failed. The apt command doesn’t support the build-dep and source operations, so I am not able to download the origin source.

root@volumio:~# apt build-dep lirc
E: Invalid operation build-dep
root@volumio:~# cd build
root@volumio:~/build# apt source lirc
E: Invalid operation source

I am wondering if anyone successes on patching the licr package on the new volumio version with kernel 4.19.86-v7+ ?

I’m going to cross post this on the official Spotify Connect plugin thread as well right after this HERE

Setup: Fresh volumio install (v2.806), spotify connect plugin (v1.0.4), IR remote controller plugin (v1.2.4), apple A1294 remote (using this lircd.conf)

Operating Condition: Queued song up using mobile device and selected volumio. All commands issued by mobile device execute as expected. A song was in the “playing” state before testing.

Observed Behavior: Play/Pause/Track controls all operate as expected using volumio web interface. Using an IR remote control Track and Pause commands execute as expected however the Play command does not. It plays the last “non spotify” track. In my case it was a web radio but I’m sure it would be the same if it was a local or network file being played.

Troubleshooting Steps Performed:

• Rebooted pi, confirmed behavior is consistent with observed behavior above.
  • Turned on debugging and observed NO LOGs generated when the Play button is pressed on the remote but ARE generated when pressing Play in the volumio web ui.
  • Confirmed that Play/Pause operates as expected using basic playback of a local mp3.

I’m not sure if it’s a problem with the lircrc mapping file or visibility of command execution by the spotify connect plugin.

I validated that @ashthespy 's fix remedy’s the conflict with the IR Remote Controller Plugin I was having.

Initial Setup: Fresh volumio install (v2.806), spotify connect plugin (v1.0.4), IR remote controller plugin (v1.2.4), apple A1294 remote (using this lircd.conf)

Operating Condition: Queued song up using mobile device and selected volumio. All commands issued by mobile device execute as expected. A song was in the “playing” state before testing.

Initial Observed Behavior: Play/Pause/Track controls all operate as expected using volumio web interface. Using an IR remote control Track and Pause commands execute as expected however the Play command does not. It plays the last “non spotify” track. In my case it was a web radio but I’m sure it would be the same if it was a local or network file being played.

Change Made: Executed command volumio pull -b volatilePlay https://github.com/ashthespy/Volumio2 Then rebooted.

Observed Behavior After Change: Play/Pause/Track controls all operate as expected using IR remote.

1 Like

Hi, I see some comments relating to https://flirc.tv/more/flirc-usb on the forum. Is it possible to use this usb IR dongle to control volumio?

Hey, i just reading on this here. I have Volumio installed on a Raspberry Pi 4. I have two Apple remotes A1156 and another model. How would i go by installing one of the Apple remotes to work on Volume player. Is there any configurations online to get. Apple Remote A1156- A1294

Hi, first of All thank you for your amazing platform Volumio is!

I need help with setting up a Marantz RC003PMCD

I have RPi 4 with dedicated touch screen and Allo Boss Dac v1.2
Latest version of Volumio is running and I’m on Superstar plan

Can I connect the IR sensor to Allo’s J19 header or it has to be connected directly to RPi?

Also which buttons of RC003PMCD are mapped?

Thank you

According to the “BOSS DAC BLOCK DIAGRAM” you find in the “Technical Manual” it looks like that. Just make sure the GPIO you choose for the IR receiver is not in use by other hardware.

Key “CLEAR”: Clear current queue

Keys “PLAY” and “ENTER”: Toggle start/pause playback

Key “PAUSE”: Pause playback

Key “STOP”: Stop playback

Keys “PREVIOUS” and “LEFT”: Jump to previous track

Keys “NEXT” and “RIGHT”: Jump to next track

Key “UP”: Seek forwards by +10 seconds

Key “DOWN”: Seek backwards by -10 seconds

Key “SHUFFLE”: Toggles randomization of queue

Key “AGAIN”: Toggles repetition of queue

Key “VOLUMEUP”: Increase volume

Key “VOLUMEDOWN”: Decrease volume

Key “MUTE”: Mute volume

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply, works like a charm now, Thank you !

Hi,
Want to try this feature. If I will buy an ir sensor and hook it up to rpi and configure this plugin it will work with my marantz rc003pm or only with the model from plugin?
Thanks

It looks quite similar so I think it could work. Get an IR receiver and hook it up temporarily and try.

If it doesn’t work it is still possible to record your own profile for the specific remote if you are willing to put some effort in.

hi,

I upgraded to Allo Digi One Signature, I’m a Superstar Lifetime user, after installing the plugin I noticed that I can’t choose the GPIO pin for the IR sensor
please help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please connect to Volumio via SSH and post the results of

dtoverlay -l

sudo journalctl -f --no-tail | grep ir_controller

cat /boot/config.txt

and

cat /boot/userconfig.txt

hi,

thanks for fast reply

dtoverlay -l returned:
No overlays loaded

sudo journalctl -f --no-tail | grep ir_controller returned:

Jan 13 20:58:55 volumio volumio[1054]: info: Loading plugin “ir_controller”…

Jan 13 20:58:55 volumio volumio[1054]: info: Applying required configuration parameters for plugin ir_controller

Jan 13 20:58:56 volumio volumio[1054]: info: ir_controller: HAT did not load /proc/device-tree/ir_receiver!

Jan 14 05:28:25 volumio volumio[1054]: info: ir_controller: Raspberry Pi revision code: d03114

Jan 14 05:28:25 volumio volumio[1054]: info: ir_controller: File permissions successfully set on /etc/lirc/.

Jan 14 05:28:25 volumio volumio[1054]: info: ir_controller: File permissions successfully set on /etc/hardware.conf.

Jan 14 05:28:26 volumio volumio[1054]: info: ir_controller: LIRC correctly updated.

Jan 14 05:28:28 volumio volumio[1054]: info: ir_controller: lirc.service correctly started.

cat /boot/config.txt returned:
initramfs volumio.initrd

gpu_mem=32

max_usb_current=1

dtparam=audio=on

audio_pwm_mode=2

dtparam=i2c_arm=on

disable_splash=1

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

cat /boot/userconfig.txt returned:

Add your custom config.txt options to this file, which will be preserved during updates

Touch Display rotation setting below: do not alter

lcd_rotate=2
display_hdmi_rotate=2volumio@volumio:~$

thank you