[PLUGIN] IR Remote Controller feedback thread

Is the IR remote controller plugin ready for volumio 3? I would like to know before I hit the v2 to v3 upgrade button since this plugin is key to volumio integrating with my hometheater setup.

1 Like

No yet, it’s pending for approval.

Cool! then we are waiting impatiently :slight_smile: for me, this plugin also plays a key role in controlling the equipment :slight_smile:

1 Like

same for me.
hopefully it will be ready soon, waiting to upgrade 3 RPI’s :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1
I just upgraded to Volumio 3 and to my surprise I can’t use my remote anymore :frowning:

1 Like

Hi @gvolt , I’m wondering what is missing for the approval, and if there is any relevant issue still pending.
I tried to manually download and install your last commit, rel. 3.4.6 , and it seems to work flawlessly.

Thank you so much for your job, which I appreciated a lot.

Btw , for sake of completeness and for benefit of all : I use a common USB Microsoft IR Receiver; no need to act on any GPIO pin, and not any additional configuration either. Just plugged the USB IR Receiver and it worked instantly with a Samsung TV remote.
After struggling a bit, I’ve also successfully configured the lircd.conf and lircrc files for my Copland RC-102A remote.

Thx

@Fabian_Barile Thank you for your positive report. I don’t have any feedback on the PR yet and don’t know if there is a problem with the plugin.

Would you mind sharing these files so I could integrate them into a future version of the plugin?

Sure. See in attachment the Copland config files.
Copland RC 102A.zip (76.0 KB)

Notes :

1. you’ll find in the zip package also the jpg picture of the remote, for reference. I guess the jpeg files will not be committed in the repository, unless in the future the plugin will have a preview/icon feature.
  2. lircd.conf has all the buttons codes , but in my personal use I have intentionally not mapped the Volume and Power buttons in the lircrc file , because they are for the ampli (I don’t use the software mixer and volume control from Volumio).
1 Like

I also tried the latest infrared version and it just works.

thanks again for the tip :+1:

Hi! Can someone tell me where are you downloading the beta 3.4.6 version from?
I am happy to play the test - but somehow I can’t find anywhere …

you can download it here.
they are under accessories/ir_controller

Right here I have a problem … I don’t know how to download plugin files as zip package.

I already got another link and installed the plugin.
It works great both as a receiver and (after a slight modification of the configuration and connection of the transmitting diode) as a transmitter.
This way, you can control older music equipment (amplifier, CD, etc.) using scripts connected to the SSH Button application on your phone!
Cool! I recommend!

for example use a program like filezilla, log in and place the infrared file in home/volumio.

open terminal and ssh in your volumio player and type “cd /home/volumio/ir_controller” return, type “volumio plugin install” and the installation will begin.

when the installation is finished hold down “CTRL” and then c.

if everything went well you can use plugin.

:slight_smile: How to download from Github :slight_smile:
Uploading to RPI and installing is not a problem :slight_smile:

@loup I assume you are running Volumio 3. The plugins sources for Volumio 3 you find here. For plugins which have not been approved you may get the files from a pull request.

Other than for Volumio 2 for Volumio 3 there are no publicly downloadable .zip files for each plugin AFAIK. So you would have to download each file manually - or you download the whole repository: If you don’t clone via git you can click on the green button named “Code” and choose “Download ZIP”. I think pull requests are not included in this download so in case of the “volumio-plugins-sources” repo you will receive only the content of the master branch.

P.S.: https://www.wikihow.com/Download-a-File-from-GitHub

That’s what I meant! Thank you! :slight_smile:

How to enable this plugin on Volumio…I am not able to see the IR Remote Configuration on Volumio. Please advise

1 Like

Just making life easier, so you don’t have to clone/download the whole repo…
ir_controller_3.4.7.zip (232.2 KB)

PS: Untested, unapproved and all the usual disclaimers of not installing it via the recommended official myVolumio store.

EDIT: of wow! The PR from November is still pending?!
@gvolt did you get any feedback as to why it’s taking so long? The repo seems to have other plugins that have been updated in the meantime?

2 Likes

I’m waiting for this plugin nearly as much as for the summer :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

No… :man_shrugging:

1 Like