[plugin] Help with Snapcast / Spotify Connect

Hi All,

I’m trying to get sync’d music from the Volumio Spotfiy Connect(volspotconnect2) plugin but I’m running into an issue.

I’ve managed to get web radio fully sync’d over 4 Pi’s which is awesome, but I can’t get the Spotify Connect plugin to output to /tmp/snapfifo.

I’ve had a look at the ‘startconnect.sh’ script, and from what I understand(which may be completely wrong), when I go into the snapcast plugin and save the Spotify Integration settings, it should update this file. Mainly changing the --device… However this never changes for me…

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? or any hints :question:

I was really hoping to get this up and running in the next few days as I have got a house party coming up… at this rate music is gonna be a single bluetooth speaker in the corner of the room… :cry:

Thanks
James

Same problem here, did you fix it?

Same and looking for input. Googling doens’t seem to be getting me anyway or finding any guides.

I have a base that is my snapcast server and several clients. Playing my local music pipes through to all the clients but spotify only plays on the base.

If your using Vollibrespot for Spotify Connect, then we recently changed to using config file for it. The snapcast plugin isn’t aware of that yet.
Have a look at /data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect2/volspotify.toml to give you an idea of what to change…