[Plugin] GPIO Buttons: Control volumio2 with buttons

I decided the whole Raspberry Pi thing was too complicated so I junked it and implemented my project with an Arduino ESP32.

Hi. I hope, this belongs here:
I am searching for nice looking physical buttons for controlling the volumio functions. Does anybody know where to get play/pause next&prev style buttons?

Many thanks and all the best :slight_smile:

So do we need resistors or not?
Im running an IQaudio DAC Pro and my understanding I cant use some GPIO pins as the hat uses them, this also included the 5v and 3v line so can I still use the plugin if the hat uses the 3v?

Push-buttons connected to GPIOs can work without pull-up or pull-down resistors.
The input configuration and the internal pull-up can be enabled in /boot/userconfig.txt

You can find a lot of push buttons on Aliexpress (already tested, they are good)

Some sellers offer button customization (not tested) :

Has anyone tested the response time to the button pushes? I am thinking of using a micro to control a rotary (yes I know volumio can do this, but I need other stuff done). I would like to know how quickly I can send volume pulses to Volumio.

1 Like

did you find a solution for this?

Is this still active? Where can I download the plugin?

Sadly the plug-in file gpio-buttons.zip is not available anymore. :frowning: Is here somebody who had it and can share it with me?

I had some issues with my old setup and wanted to install a fresh copy.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install build-essential
cd ~
wget http://plugins.volumio.org/plugins/volumio/armhf/system_controller/gpio-buttons/gpio-buttons.zip
mkdir ./gpio-buttons
miniunzip gpio-buttons.zip -d ./gpio-buttons
cd gpio-buttons
npm install --save onoff@6.0.0
volumio plugin install
cd .. && rm -R ./gpio-buttons && rm -R ./gpio-buttons.zip
1 Like

Just tried, and installed succesfully. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: