[PLUGIN] cd player

hi guys, do you know if there was any progress on the cdplayer project?
I continue to go to shots.

Doe this plugin work in the ALLO USBridge running Volumio (Sparky board)

Hi All,

Merry Xmas!

We are currently development an upsampling CD Player and extraction plug-in for volumio.

It works with any DAC and usb cd/dvd drive.

It’s currently available via Kickstarter.

Details can be found here: https://volumio.org/forum/support-for-usb-player-t5862-10.html#p58678

thanks

Nanomesher

volumio_nanosoundcd.jpg

4x upsampling.png

@nanomesher thanks for the info.
However can you please clarify: kickstarter is for a all-in-one device (HW+SW) right?
Would you also publicly release the plugin through Volumio repo, or will you keep that plugin separate, only bundled with device?

I guess this thread is about individual plugin, available through Volumio repo.

hi, the kickstarter have both HW+SW and SW only rewards. If you would like use non Nanosound DAC and have your own USB DVD/CD drive, please back the “NanoSound CD Software with Early Access” reward. The backers will enjoy early access to the plug-in.

Hi Nanomesher,
Sounds interesting. I already have volumio running on raspberrypi with Allo Boss DAC therefore I would be interested in CD player plugin for volumio only. My questions are;

1. Will it work any any USB CD player? [edit, yes - answered above]
  2. Will it work with Allo Boss DAC? [edit, yes - answered above]
  3. When do you expect the volumio plugin will be on general release?

Cheers

Initially our focus will be delivery for our kickstarter backers which is full featured (upsampling & cd-ripping).
We will consider releasing a lite and free version after delivery is completed. thanks

Hi Nanomesher,
I am considering to get just the plugin on Kickstarter - very interesting.
How do you deal with the metadata? Is there a internet search? Can I edit the metadata?
Do you support things like accuraterip?

accuraterip.com/

Or do you have another way to check if the rip is OK?
Will it rip gapless?
l it playback gapless?
What are the restrictions of the lite/free plugin?
What will the plugin cost after Kickstarter?

Thanks.
Best.
F.

Note: Volumio 2.527 release comes with updated MPD 0.20.18 that fixes several under-run issues, which should drastically improve CD playback.

How do you deal with the metadata? Is there a internet search? Can I edit the metadata?

• It fetches from MUSICBRAINZ and FREEDB and chooses the best match

Do you support things like accuraterip?

• Yes it uses accuraterip.

What are the restrictions of the lite/free plugin?

• Our initial focus is kickstarter fullfillment and the paid plugin. The lite/free version will be available a couple months after and we have not fully decided on which features will be disabled.

What will the plugin cost after Kickstarter?

• This has not been decided but it will be under USD30

Thanks for your questions!

This is great news I was able to install the plugin from geeks-r-us github using the instructions in this thread from Jef
I can confirm the skipping issues are gone which is awesome, but playing CD’s makes the whole system unstable from my experience leading to UI crashing and needing to reboot and caused issues trying to playback from other sources. Could be partially my setup but it was a recent fresh install with Rpi 3B and Allo Boss v1.

The current version for download is 2.526 which I checked does include mpd version 0.20.18.
Seems to work without skipping, fantastic news, thanks guys for including that.

By the way it is listed in the CHANGELOG as version 2.527!

Hey, this is great. I totally did not expect accuraterip.
What about gapless playing and ripping of CDs? This is a really important feature as a classical music listener.
Will the plugin work with any drive? Does the drive needs to be setup (like in ExactAudioCopy - exactaudiocopy.de/ - the quasi standard for ripping on a computer)?
What about changing the metadata before saving?
Is saving of the ripped CD on a NAS possible?

Thanks.
I am getting exited about the plugin :wink:
F.

What about gapless playing and ripping of CDs? This is a really important feature as a classical music listener.
– No, not yet.
Will the plugin work with any drive? Does the drive needs to be setup (like in ExactAudioCopy - exactaudiocopy.de/ - the quasi standard for ripping on a computer)?
– Yes, it should work with any USB CD/DVD drive

What about changing the metadata before saving?
– not initially but we can consider later, It will choose the best match metadata and tag automatically.

Is saving of the ripped CD on a NAS possible?
– This is changable via config.

Thanks for your response.
Some more things about this:
Is the CD ripped gapless?
Sou would it be possible (with another player) to playback the files gapless?

Will you ad gapless playback? For a high end audio solution (Volumio is advertised as this - and your products as well) it is quite disillusioning to NOT have gapless playback…???
So I still have to get a CD player :frowning:

Thanks for the clarification.

Best.
Fabian

Thanks, the CD Player plugin works very well! Awesome work.
Will you consider adding an autoplay feature, so that the CD plays as soon as inserted?
Or has anyone thought about an other way to do that?

After a few weeks of beta testing, our NanoSound CD plug-in is now ready released!

Features:

• Works with any Audio DAC or internal sound device supported by volumio
  • Works and tested with Raspberry Pi and Asus Tinker board (It should work with other volumio platforms, let us know if you have tested them)
  • CD Playback with up to 4x upsampling (44.1 to 176.4khz)
  • Choice of 4x, 2x and no upsampling for improved audio quality
  • Lossless WAV or FLAC audio extraction with AccurateRip support to ensure extracted files are bit perfect!
  • Auto download and tagging of album info
  • Multi-language support
  • Save to Internal, or NAS or USB drive
  • Fully integrated with Volumio

Follow instructions here to download and install: https://nanomesher.com/nanosound-cd-support/

The free version has all the playback functions with no upsampling. If you like it and would like to upgrade to upsampling and audio extraction features. Please consider upgrade to the full version https://nanomesher.com/nanosoundcd

Also, We now have our dedicated NanoSound CD topic here

1 Like

Butto this plugin works similar to buy myvolumio?

Inviato dal mio SM-A600FN utilizzando Tapatalk

1 Like