[PLUGIN] 80s80s & 90s90s radio

Ok :slight_smile: what I want :d

1. The Metadata, album art, it was posible in the plugin.
  2. How can I increase the size of the picture? I posted also in another post. I a using a 4.3 display and 60 % of the display is occupied by the 2 circlesā€¦ Maybe make the circles little smaller and increase the album artā€¦ To have the album art at least 60% of the screenā€¦
  3. The volume circle isā€¦ Can be much smallerā€¦
    Thanks.
    This is what I want :smiley:

except part 1, it has nothing to do with the plugin, no?

Yes balbuze you are wright. Sory if I annoy youā€¦if it is not posible it is ok but at lease maybe in the near future we will have a UI with a bigger album art. This is what I want to see on te screen not the volume level.

Hello,
It is possible that the plugin will be updated/maintained?
Curently I am listen to webradio 8080s but I am missing a lot the albumart for all the station that in that pluginā€¦ Thiese are one of my favorite stationsā€¦
Thanks

It could be, but need a fix because it cause a problem in volumio. Need investigationā€¦
I can still install it from here :
for arm
for x86

Kindly please tell me how can I install it?
I am using rpi4ā€¦
The version you provided still cause a problem in volumio? If yes, I will wait for a fix
Thanks

This is the same version that was available before I removed it from the store.
Iā€™ll tell you how to install it later. :wink:

That version hangs up volumioā€¦ So it is usefull, only if you tell what needs to be done in order to make it work locally.
Mnay thanks for your help.

Also encounter the 80s80s plugin problem.
Is there a fix?

Since a couple of days I even canā€™t select it when I search for it.

It was in my favourite radio station but that give an error

Thanks.

Since j am listening quite a lot 80s80s and 90s90s stations maybe in the near future it will be a posibility to reactivate the old plugin. I am missing the :
metadata with cover, artist, title, album
default station cover if no album cover available
Thanks

This is point true for all radiosā€¦ We are talking about it :wink:

1 Like

That is justā€¦ Awesome.
Thanks.

Hello !
When this plugin started crashing Volumio, I made a small modification to solve the problem.
Replace the index.js file in the /data/plugins/music_service/80s80s/ folder of Volumio by this one :
index.zip (4.8 KB)

Hi,
Thanks for this
This is working also on buster version or only on volumio 2.?
Regards

Sorry, I havenā€™t tested on Debian Buster.
It works for me on Volumio 2.x arm(raspberry pi) and x64(Debian Jessie).

Hello @Lintbf,
I tried to solve the blocking problem which crashes Volumio when the metadata server does not respond, for that I added a ā€˜fake-data.jsonā€™ file to the plugin which allows it to wait 15s to restart a request . Not very elegant but functional: no more crashes.
I failed to correct ā€˜info: ERROR Prefetch ā€¦ā€™ and ā€˜info: ERROR ā€¦ this.currentSeek: ā€¦ā€™ which appear in Volumioā€™s status when MPD updates playerā€™s status. An attempted explanation would be that this plugin twists Volumioā€™s neck by playing audio stream in ā€˜Volatileā€™ mode while displaying metadata in ā€˜Consumeā€™ mode using a timer to update the Frontend, a mix not very well managed by the pugin which would cause these 2 error infos.
They were originally present in the plugin and are not blocking.
The plugin is working again as before, it seems :slight_smile:
Unzip the Files.zip archive in /data/plugins/music_service/80s80s/ and restart Volumio.
Edit, rename index_for_community.js for index.js : Files.zip (5.2 KB)

Many thanks Fybrox. This plugin I have used form the beginning z when it was not working I was so sad :(. As soon as ai reach home I will update it. I hope that @volumio dev can see your work and maybe they have time to update this great pluginā€¦
For me volumio is about music. What makes so great about this plugin is the Metadata album art for every song and tbe radio channelsā€¦

Hi,
What do you mean by renaming the index file?
I add the new files but the numbers after seek string is increasing but after one song I think this is resetted. This is ok?
I think this is still crashes during song but after the song is finished then during the next song is still crashes because the seek string is increasing.
Thanks.

I edited the comment to update the zip where I put wrong filename for index.js, itā€™s ok now.
I also see this ā€˜this.currentSeek:ā€™ which gets bigger or smaller and sometimes itā€™s huge, itā€™s true but itā€™s random ā€¦
I let the plugin run for hours and I did not have a Volumio crash, in case the Frontend switches to ā€˜15s Waiting ā€¦ā€™ when the metadata server does not respond, then resumes for the next song if the server responds again. I couldnā€™t do better.

Hi,
So i am having the corrext filname or i needed to download it again?
Thanks for your effort.
Regards