Play/pause problem spotify usb X10 medion remote

have a problem with the usb X10 rf remote with spotify connect2 plugin, the problem is that as soon as you press play/pause the stream stops but as soon as you press play/pause again spotify does not continue but starts playing with the web radio.
after play/pause Spotify you can play the next or previous spotify song, that will work again.

tried in standard volumio2 software and volumio buster beta, same problem in both.

I’m using triggerhappy and using a custom audio.conf that is in the location “/etc/triggerhappy/triggers.d”

#VOLUMIO TRIGGERHAPPY CONFIGURATION FILE

#MUTE TOGGLE
KEY_MIN_INTERESTING 1 /usr/local/bin/volumio volume toggle

#VOLUME UP
KEY_VOLUMEUP 1 /usr/local/bin/volumio volume plus

#VOLUME DOWN
KEY_VOLUMEDOWN 1 /usr/local/bin/volumio volume minus

#PLAY TOGGLE
KEY_PLAY 1 /usr/local/bin/volumio toggle

# KEY_PAUSE
KEY_PAUSE 1 /usr/local/bin/volumio pause

#NEXT
KEY_NEXTSONG 1 /usr/local/bin/volumio next

#PREVIOUS
KEY_PREVIOUSSONG 1 /usr/local/bin/volumio previous

# KEY_CHANNELUP
KEY_CHANNELUP 1 /usr/local/bin/volumio next

# KEY_CHANNELDOWN
KEY_CHANNELDOWN 1 /usr/local/bin/volumio previous

# KEY_MUTE
KEY_MUTE 1 /usr/local/bin/volumio volume toggle

# KEY_STOP
KEY_STOP 1 /usr/local/bin/volumio stop

# KEY_REWIND
KEY_REWIND 1 /usr/local/bin/volumio previous

# KEY_FORWARD
KEY_FORWARD 1 /usr/local/bin/volumio next

X10 rf remote that I use.

Hey Michel,

This is unfortunately a known issue with how Volumio handles these API calls. See the discussion below for details

Fix for it is in

You could try adding it manually to your installation - it’s just 23 lines :wink:

1 Like

thanks, i will test this afternoon if it works.

volumio pull -b volatilePlay https://github.com/ashthespy/Volumio2

You might run into other issues with Volumio that have been fixed since 4th May 2020

Give it a shot, but prepare to re-flash if things break!

I’ve tried it now and so far everything still works, even pause/play works fine.
I’m very happy :smiley: thanks for the solution :+1:

just for the stats, I’m using the latest stock volumio img version 2.882 on a raspberry pi 4.

If you are using MyVolumio stuff, please do test if it breaks those features, as I couldn’t test that :slight_smile:

unfortunately I don’t use MyVolumio stuff and can’t check it.

1 Like

Hi,

i was looking for a fix for this issue and… this one works fine :slight_smile:

Really thanks for your help.

I quickly checked if everything is working properly:

• My volumio features ( i’m a volumio virtuoso subscriber ) are ok
  • play / pause toggle finally works with my ir
  • my tidal mixes are no longer shown in “tidal” volumio section after the pull command ( not so bad as i can use tidal connect )

Edit: x86 v2.878

Thanks all,

Luca

1 Like

Hi all,
this is my first post so i hope you will be kind with me :slight_smile:

This issue is still part of volumio 3 (volumio toggle not working for play command). Can anybody confirm whether the fix mentioned by ash is still working with this version or is there any other fix for this (i don’t want to break my system)? I was hoping that there will be a fix integrated by volumio directly because if you attach this solution to your system it gets removed after every system update.

For the future i am planning to use an irremote for controlling volumio and since am using spotify connect a lot this is an important issue for me (and maybe for others, too). :wink:

volumio version: v3.173
spotify connect plugin: v3.0.7
raspberry pi 4
USB DAC

The code should still work, but don’t run the volumio pull on that branch, it’s a year and a half old now…

That was the idea begin submitting a fix, but didn’t seem to stick…
Shame it wasn’t merged in then, as it probably now needs to be rebased yet again…

I can confirm that the code is still working with volumio v3. After manually changing index.js and statemachine.js the volumio toggle command is working with spotify connect as expected.

But, it seems that the changes are breaking some other services because now i am not able to start playing anything through mpd (like webradio, spotify plugin). If you try that volumio will make a reboot.

Hello All :slight_smile:

it seems fixed!
I just installed the v 3.197 on x64 and it’s working fine without any workaround, at least with Tidal.

Really thanks!

Luca