I am completely new to volumio! For now, I never used it or played around with it.
My son is physically and mentally disabled.
He is not able to read.
He likes to listen to music and owns a lot of CDs, but he can not change CDs by himself.
I am searching for an audio device and a software, which I can adapt for my handicapped son.
Here is a list of requirements I can think of:
- An audio device that can play mp3 files
- An audio device that should be turned on/off with a power switch without losing data
- An audio device that should be controlled by a tablet
- An audio device that should be updated from remote
- The hardware should have been tested and certified because my son lives in a special facility and all electrical devices should fulfill certain technical standards.
- A software, which can handlevmp3 files
- A software, which is able to categorize mp3 files by its metadata
- A software, where I can completely adapt the GUI for my son, who is not able to read
- The GUI should only display symbols for categories, albums, play/pause/stop, previous/next title, next CD/Album, volume +/-, and other …
- A tablet for controlling should be adapted too … so only the GUI is displayed (similar to kiosk mode).
- In admin settings it should be possible to set a maximum/minimum volume
Do you think, that I can achieve these requirements with volumio?
Do you have suggestions for hardware?
Thank you for all your help.
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany.