PI4B/2GB (Rev. 1.5) and Qudelix 5k Problems

If your USB DAC works fine with your PC, with a RPi2 and a RPi3, the issue could be also caused by a more noisy power supply of your RPi4 (I suppose it’s a different one).

Is there a way for you to connect another power supply to your RPi4?

Good idea, but something I already tested with like 4 different power supplies. Also including the ones that work without problems on my PI2 and PI3…

Just wrote the seller what he thinks and if we can exchange the unit.

Currently test the v3.209 on my older PI2:

• you fixed the WIFI driver issue with this image. Great! Thank you for this…let us know when I can upgrade the “official” system.
  • Qudelix works without problems on the PI2 with v3.209

if you already tried the same power supply, I think we can rule-out it as the source of the problem

1 Like

I fear the latest firmware for Raspberry PI breaks some USB DACs playback.

We have another report:

I think we shall report that to PI foundation. It will be very hard to diagnose what is wrong there, I fear

Very interesting…let´s ask if it´s a Rev. 1.5 PI4…Would be interesting to the the Qudelix with another PI4…

As workaround I just put the IQ-Audio HAT on the PI4 and use the PI2 with the Qudelix in another room. So I can wait for a solution :slight_smile:

@Bartleby
Maybe you can also drop an email to Qudelix ,to see if more reports came in on sound distortion using the rPi4 Rev:1.5.

Already done