Pi Touchscreen Plug in no longer works on Volumio 3, Solved

The touchscreen is giving this read out from my PC:

Further to this, there is no on screen keyboard plugin anymore, so the player cannot be searched locally…

This is a community forum, for support specifically with myVolumio, email techsupport at volumio dot org!

I´ve got the same problem.
In this state Volumio3 is not usable for me.
Sorry.

1 Like

@gvolt can you help with this?

Go to details - uninstall your version and try the different versions until you find one that works?

However the onscreen keyboard problem is still there…

1 Like

Touch Display 3.3.1 works on Volumio 3.165. I just installed a fresh Volumio and successfully installed the plugin.

@ianpaulstone I suspect you had a download error during the installation process of the plugin. When the plugin installs it has to download a lot of additional software packages in the background. From time to time a download fails and you get such error messages.

I suggest to uninstall the plugin and try to re-install.

In the past (Volumio 2) it was also necessary to wait several minutes after the first boot of a new Volumio installation so the data partition could fully expand. I don’t know if this is still valid for Volumio 3, but I guess so. On a system where the data partition had not been expended there is typically not enough space for all the software the Touch Display plugin needs.

1 Like

12 posts were split to a new topic: Work for a virtual keyboard in Volumio3 + Touch Plugin