PeppyMeter plugin (Volumio 3 and Balbuze plugin) discussion

Hi all, after following (without too success) the instructions in the long thread about PeppyMeter from 2aCD (see Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster) I’ve come across a comment from Balbuze point out his plugin that is explicitly designed for the new Volumio3 pipeline.

You can find it here: volumio-plugins/plugins/miscellanea/peppyMeter at alsa_modular · balbuze/volumio-plugins · GitHub

Simply follow the real simple instruction in the Github page and… IT SIMPLY WORKS. Using with a standard Volumio3 running on a Raspberry PI3 with a 5.5 display overy HDMI.

But, compared to the screens that 2aCD posted the results are much more poor. The dials are shown as an overlay of the standard webui interface so I’m here to open this topic for people like me that installed this plugin and want to improve it.

At the moment my main issue is not having a way to select where the meter overlay is shown on the regular webui screen, it’s in the top left corner and simply overwrite part of the screen. Having a way to move it a little so that it can be overlaid on the album cover would be a very good big step toward a nice interface, problem is that I was not able to find a way to do it, also looking at plugin and peppymeter code (and I’m quite expert at digging code…).

Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

Any idea what happened to this plugin code in Github @balbuze ? There are other plugins available but not this one. Thanks!

(9monthes later) If has moved to user_interface volumio-plugins/plugins/user_interface/peppyMeter at alsa_modular · balbuze/volumio-plugins · GitHub

Im having issue running peppymeter on a RPI 3b v1.2 and using a 27" monitor to display the meter. Volumio is using basically the whole gig of memory and I only have a fe wplugins enabled. Its super laggy. Ive disabled needle caching, havent enable GPU ram amount, is this Pi just too slow?