Paddle canceled my subscription

I hope everything is going to be fine. Right, Davide? @DED

Hello! I have the same problem. Could you send this email to my address too? I created a ticket yesterday.

Have they helped you?

Not yet. I am waiting

1 Like

I’m still waiting for a reply as well…not great…

Dear All,
we needed some time to collect informations from our payment service Paddle and clarify the situation.

After investigating the sudden MyVolumio cancellations which happened from the 1st to the 3rd of May, we unfortunately don’t have good news for the affected customers.

As you know, Volumio Premium billing and payments are handled by our payment partner Paddle. Following the recent sanctions imposed on Russia and Belarus, Paddle had to stop accepting payments from these countries, as they are subject to international rules regarding payment collection.

This is their official statement:

To adhere to international sanctions regulations, as well as policies of our banking partners and to minimise anti-money laundering risk, we periodically review our supported countries list.

Following a recent review, a number of countries have been removed from our supported countries list and we are no longer able to support subscriptions from these countries. We will therefore cancel all active subscriptions from these countries on April 30th, 2023, which will prevent them from renewing on their usual schedule.

Unsupported Countries:

Afghanistan
Belarus
Burma (Myanmar)
Central African Republic
Cuba
Crimea (Region of Ukraine)
Democratic Republic of Congo
Donetsk (Region of Ukraine)
Haiti
Iran
Luhansk (Region of Ukraine)
Mali
North Korea
Russia
South Sudan
Syria
Venezuela
Yemen

Zimbabwe

For more information:

This means that there is nothing we can do to allow customers from this countries to enjoy Volumio, other than waiting for sanctions to be lifted and for Paddle to reinstate these countries.

There might be some workarounds available to affected customers but we don’t feel comfortable recommending any potentially illegal workarounds or workarounds which could stop working at any time.

To those affected, we are really sorry this is happening and we thank you for being loyal Volumio customers. We hope this situation comes to an end as soon as possible, and that you can soon start enjoying Volumio again.

Thanks for your precious support until now
Best regards

Davide
VOLUMIO TECH SUPPORT

I just want to add this needed and essential part:

please contact me, if you have not already did, at
support at volumio dot org
in order to manage one-by-one your case

thanks for attention and understanding

Davide

I believe that the money that was taken from us will be in good hands.

Sad. But i can’t understand why Paddle canceled already paid subscription and didn’t return our money?

2 Likes

Seems they set a hard stop, to avoid subscription renewals.
They aren’t allowed to refund due to same restrictions.

taken from paddle:

Can I refund transactions for affected subscriptions?

No. The restrictions which prevent new transactions also affect refunding previously completed transactions. The same restrictions also prevent customers from raising chargebacks on affected transactions.

1 Like

Let’s tell Putin. :sunglasses:

Igor, I’m in the same situation, it seems very strange that Paddle didn’t warn Volumio about this. If they had, perhaps people could have cancelled their subscriptions before this, perhaps not. There has been no reply from @DED yet. Interesting to know who exactly ‘has’ our money. Do Paddle have it? Does Volumio have it? I’m not in any of the countries listed, but was when I subscribed (since relocated). I sincerely hope that someone will offer some clarity on the issue.

Dear guys,

as I wrote here above,

please write to
support at volumio dot org

I will do my best in order to help you understanding and, if possible, finding a solution, but, as it is reported on the Paddle official communication, we have no way out in terms of refunds or plan reactivation
It does not depend from us, sorry

Thanks
Davide
VOLUMIO TECH SUPPORT

1 Like

Volumio has a obligation to refund unused subscription amounts. Paddle would have remitted the subscription money to Volumio. Very simple. Suggest Volumio makes this very clear, very soon.

Volumio already stated that you need to contact them and they will try to find a solution.
It’s a bit of a cheap shot to hold Volumio responsible for regulation forced by the European union.
It’s not Volumio holding back on refunds, the banks won’t perform the transaction, as the need to comply to the restrictions as part of the sanctions.

The company I work for have the same problems caused by these sanctions. We had to close facilities in impacted countries as we’re no longer allowed to perform shipments to or payments from.

Same in my case. I received a new card more than a year ago and paddle was not able to pre-check the card expiry date. The answers by paddle support make me think of Radio Yerevan jokes. Not service oriented! Actaully other services do not care about this.

1 Like

If you’ve got an issue reach out to @DED. He was very helpful and managed to find a resolution for me that was very agreeable. It seems that Volumio are not the only ones who have been ‘blindsided’ by Paddle’s decision. At least we were able to find a way forward. It does seem that Volumio were kept in the dark about this change. I’m giving Volumio the benefit of my doubt.

I would change the billing site, that’s discrimination at the very least. Or make only a EU and NATO service with a disclaimer. I’m not even in those countries.

It’s funny that my subscription was paid by my friend from another country not in the list, using her own non-restricted card, and anyway they didn’t return the rest to that card. Note Paddle is a UK company.
BTW I’ve already created a new subscription 'couse now it’s no more a problem for all who needs it. But for Paddle, I’m sending to you my rays of shit.

Please don’t sent me rays with shit, it’s very sticky :mask:

I fully understand the frustration that comes with it. Unfortunately I can’t solve this as I am just a moderator.