Optical digital input

I’m running Digione Signature n have couple of usb dacs. I have superstar subscription as well. How can i set it up?

Sadly we are lagging behind new features documentation

You can get a USB soundcard that supports inputs (for example focusrite ones)

Thanks @michelangelo . I checked them, I don’t need that much functionality. I just need to use another source in volumio from where I can play.

Can any USB dac with input will work?. Would really be helpful if you can give some examples n I still check them out

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

This may be of interest:

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-and-interfaces-for-raspberry-pi/ian-canada-receiverpi-digital-interface-i2s-spdif-for-raspberry-pi-p-14231.html?search_query=receiverpi&fast_search=fs

Thanks lemme check

Not sure if I can add this to Allo digione signature.

It is designed to fit it between the RPi and a HAT (in your case the DigiOne board)

The user manual is available here:

https://github.com/iancanada/DocumentDownload/tree/master/ReceiverPi

The designer/manufacturer is extremely helpful. You can message him on DIYAudio, or email him iancanada.mail at gmail.com

Thanks a lot. I will contact the manufacturer

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Hi there I tried the myvolumio superstar subscription which gives you a 15 day free trail. Unfortunately Volumio still didn’t give me the option to select the Toslink input as an audio source. So I am not sure this option works for the DACBerry ONE+ which is a shame. The reason why I bought this HAT was so that I could use the raspberry Pi / Volumio for my local files and internet radio and hookup my Chromecast audio to the Toslink input so that my girlfriend can talk to the google home to play Spotify music.

did you make it work?

Did you get this running? If this would work with the DACBerry ONE+ this would help me a lot in this point and time.
Thanks!

Unfortunately I never got this functionality working.

Damn.
Thanks for letting us know.

The PecanPi DAC Rev 3.0 has S/PDIF input, see here:

Every shield that reports correctly input capabilities with alsa will work.

For anyone who needs a digital input when they use a raspberry as a preamp, just to let you know that the audiophonics raspdac LCD mini works well.

I have a similar request my setup is a Volumio with on a Raspberry with Allo dac “piano 2.1” and Kali relocker.
I would like to add an optical input something like IAN CANADA RECEIVERPI Digital Interface I2S SPDIF for Raspberry Pi.
Do you know something like optical input on usb?
Does someone has advice/experience about this?
How i can add an optical input to my setup?

Apologies for bumping up this old topic but I thought it would make more sense to see if anyone had any feedback on this since I’m looking into doing the same thing.
I see that Volumio has an “Analog Input” function (which apparently accepts both digital and analog inputs despite the name) and was wondering if there is a way of confirming that it’s possible to use it to get an optical digital signal into the Pi and then out through the default USB output to the external DAC.

if the device you’re planning to use as a digital input reports correctly the input capabilities to the underlying OS, it will work.

of course it’s a premium feature, it won’t work with a free my-volumio account

The input device I’m planning on using is the Hifiberry DAC+ DSP of which I’ll only be using the optical input.
I don’t know how to figure out if this HAT reports its input capabilities correctly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: