Open Beta Testing of new TIDAL and QOBUZ implementation, feedback wanted

I have nothing to complain about latest version : 2.853 on Odroid C2…
Just observation : adding playlist to TIDAL main app ( on windows, or in browser), immediatelly apears in volumio’s TIDAL implementation … no need to restart the player … what can i say … nice, nice …

Happy to hear that toyc! Your suggestions have been super precious to get us to this point :wink:

Same in qobuz regarding Playlists

Next : Rollig Stone: Best Songs of All Time TIDAL playlist

1. shows in TIDAL and in volumio the same leght : 1:5:48:26
  2. the beginning of the list, and the end look exactly same ( first 20 - 30 and last 20 - 30 tracks) … and there is a long “scroll” till end of list …
  3. MASTER ( as in TIDAL) and M ( as in volumio) sign in TIDAL and in volumio ( play list) are different for some tracks. For example :
    Track No Track TIDAL VOLUMIO
    4th track Marvin Gaye - What’s Going On - M
    5th track Aretha Franklin - Respect - M
    But there is no sigm “M” in play queue, but the DAC shows MQA for tracks with “M”.
    The play queu looks like playlist in TIDAL, and playlist in volumio, so I did not count the track numbers, but I expect that all the track are in queue.
    What to say … nice, nice … nice …

Hello. Are you still facing issues today? I’m logged in as a Virtuoso member, but it does not appear either Tidal or Qobuz login options under “Sources” tab. Maybe it’s very recent issue. Restarted, factory reset, to no avail.

No issues yesterday or today with Qobuz.

It’s very spotty, you need to reboot a few times, sometimes.

So after some playing around the Tidal integration I found out:

• saving a tidal album/artist/track to favourites, will add it to your tidal collection, very nice integration. It will not be added to your volumio favourites, this makes sense.
  • saving a song to a playlist: it will add it only to the volumios playlist, no integration with Tidal playlists. This is not consistent with above.

Usability:

• When clicking go to artist/album from the playing song window, you get the home page selection on top… I find it a bit ugly, should have the artist/album info view.
  • if you have multiple volumios, and none is playing something, I can’t find a way to switch between the two when using the mobile version.
  • when saving to playlist an album, it should add the album and not it’s first song

Searching is scoped only from the desktop version, on mobile is not possible to limit the search to where you currently are: tidal or own collection or web radios.

Overall I find the interface more responsive and pleasant to use, big kudos for this, from what I have seen the beta integration for tidal is more useable than the non beta version.

Hello
I realy Luke the new qobuz implementation.
It will be great to have also the same Playlist f
Sorting as in qobuz app. But I like it that if I like one Playlist automatically appear in volumio qobuz. :slight_smile:
Since I am listening also the 80s radio I have observed that the sound is more louder and ear when I switch from qobuz to webradio. Same dac etc…
What could be the reason?. Thanks

I am very new to streaming on my Raspberry Pi 4B. When I first set it up, I was able to listen to Qobuz reasonable well. It took a bit of poking around to find My Favorites, that are labeled My Albums in this player. It worked for several days.

But after a restart of the Pi, and logging into it via my Android 10 phone on Duck Duck Go - the Qobuz player is no longer there. I looked and it still says it is installed, but I can’t use it because I can’t see it.

How can I resurrect it?

What do you mean you logged in Duck Duck Go?

My browser is Duck Duck Go, that I used to sign into Volumio on my Raspberry Pi 4B. I also tried with Firefox, but it truncates the view of the page, so I can’t see the play / pause buttons at the bottom.

I guess Duck Duck go is blocking requests to Google? If yes, try with Chrome :wink:

It worked for several days with Duck Duck Go - why would it stop working all of a sudden?

And by the way, I have never been able to login to my Pi with the volumio.local or [device name].local Instead we have to look up on our wireless network to fine the local URL and type that in, in order to connect to it.

Edit: I just tried with Chrome, and typed in our local URL, and it connects to the Pi, but Qobuz is still missing.
Edit 2: I just checked and I have the latest version of Volumio - v2.853

Hello, for your information, the URL volumio. local isn’t functional on Android (the necessary discover service on Android doesn’t exist) . See here : URLs in Android
Try with the ip address.

Quite often when I power up RPI and browse to Volumio there’s no Qobuz.
I was using it fine in Beta on previous occasions.
Under Sources, the only way to get the Qobuz login is to unselected the Qobuz and Tidal Beta.
Then I can see Qobuz login and proceed to get some music.
Sometimes after a reboot I can login with Beta enabled.
Happened most recently last night.

1 Like

How do I disable it from /Dev? I have not done anything except updated latest volumio via system update. I’m still encountering problems in playing all songs in my own custom tidal playlist. There will not be any sound after playing 3-10 tracks. If I play albums from tidal or even From other tidal playlist, no such issue. It can play for days if I don’t stop it. Pls advice. Thks!!

Steve, I would suggest to wait a little bit before going to sources. Or, if you don’t see it, just navigate to another settings page (like network) and wait 10 seconds and then go back to sources.
The reason is that TIDAL and QOBUZ plugin take some seconds to load after the system is started

There is no way to disable it now, it has been released to everyone.
We are working to identify why some tracks cannot be found …

Hi- when i try to remove some album from my preferred album in Qobuz:

Some time Qobuz play only 30 second of a song. After 2-3 reboot or a factory reset it work correctly, it’s a pain.

Version 2.857 hw: raspberry pi 4 GB