Open Beta Testing of new TIDAL and QOBUZ implementation, feedback wanted

Glad the issue is on the radar.

This sounds like a better solution than a huge buffer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

V 2.846 tidal, my Playlist : I can sort the Playlist by date or a-z… But in qobuz I do not have this feature. I realy Like this feature
This will be imolemented?
Thanks

Thank you for fixing the London Grammar and other albums issue.

Also albums by The Knife search and play properly.

We will, but after we release this. thanks for suggesting!

I’ve just discovered the setting “Playback Mode: Single/Continuous” in Playback options which was set on continuous. I don’t remember seeing this setting before so I assume it’s new?

Anyway, if I set it to Single then click on a song in Tidal Tracks only the one song is queued for playback and it is the correct song. :slight_smile:

However in Continuous mode all tracks are added to the queue (which matches the description of the setting) but the song which begins playing is the one after the one selected.

Yes, what you want is to set playback mode to single :wink:
Since 2 months we made continuous as the default method.

We are checking on the track number

Good news. In the last 2 days we performed several tweaks and fixes to the cloud browsing instance. It seems we figured out some inconsistencies.
We will monitor how it goes over the weekend and if all ok next week we will finally release.

So, keep on testing and reporting. Your help has helped tremendously, thanks so much to everyone who participated !!!

Hello,
Please give me your opinion : go with tidal and an mqa dac (Zen ifi) or qobuz and topping e30.
Thanks
I am a little bit confused…

The Zen Ifi will not decode MQA with Volumio (as it requires first stage unfolding)…
Did not hear none of those…

Ah so the setting was always there but defaulted to Single before ? I just don’t remember noticing it before.

However I did do a format and fresh install just under two months ago when Tidal/Qobuz support stopped working completely for me, so I guess the fresh install picked up the new default at that time.

Can you clarify some points regarding MQA support ?

If My Volumio doesn’t support first stage unfolding what is the difference between the MQA switch being enabled or disabled ? Does disabling the MQA switch request a “non MQA” 16 bit 44.1Khz fall back version of the song from Tidal when you choose an MQA track/album ?

Is there any difference or advantage (disadvantage ?) to enable MQA on a DAC like mine which does not support MQA if there is no first stage unfolding in Volumio ?

Are there any plans to add first stage unfolding in the future ?

Also how does this relate to the sound quality setting drop down - does it have to be set to “Highest Possible” to enable MQA and would setting it to Hi-Res always result in the regular 16 bit 44.1Khz flac files ?

Even Tidal themselves are not clear on some of the nuances here around MQA.

3 Likes

Weird problem, not sure how I triggered it… :slight_smile:

Clearing the playback queue and adding the song again restored normality…

Edit: I can reproduce the problem. I am adding individual tracks to the playback queue from Qobuz “Tracks”, if I pause the playing song then resume the song/artist/album name changes to a URL like this…

Yes I saw this, but It seems to not happen with v2.852 and experimental cloud.

I am using 2.852 on experimental cloud too.

I see it on both Tidal and Qobuz but not local media.

I had a hunch that it might be related to playback mode Single/Continous which is the only setting I have changed recently. So I changed it back to Continuous and the problem is gone.

However - I then changed it back to Single and the problem is still gone! :confused:

So this bug seems to be related to the Playback mode, but I haven’t yet found how to trigger it again after changing it back to single. Maybe related to the off by one track error ?

If I figure out how to reproduce it again I will post back.

I’m in a situation where I’m trying to play Qobuz tracks and nothing playing. Here is a link to the log:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/8wDojmD.html

I’m on the latest dev version 2.852. This is happening regularly, and doesn’t seem to be only on Qobuz playback, also seen it on TIDAL.

Then, miraculously, after another minute or so of waiting I tried again and it is playing. Here is the log of it working.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/kkactnI.html

I see instances of these errors in the logs:

error: updateQueue error: null
and
bcm2835-i2s 3f203000.i2s: I2S SYNC error!

Thank you for fixing the Qobuz playlist length issue.

Now everything is working for me. Really appreciate your efforts here.

Thanks!

Now version 2.852 has been released, so there is no need to create the file manually.
The selector for enabling the new functionalities is visible in the sources page, I encourage everyone to try it so we get a first glance on the load on the cloud servers :wink:

Enjoy!

I have 2.852 test mode. I just do a factory reset, it is enough!? I saw the Selector. I have disable the test mode.
Does it mean that I have the released version?
Thanks

Yes, just disable test mode and you’ll be fine :wink: